December 21, 2013

Advent 23: a quick Christmas wrapping DIY

An infamous tradition growing up was pitching in the night before Christmas, my siblings and I would help my mom by wrapping eachothers presents that my parents got for each of us. And then of course, if we hadn't already wrapped our own gifts for others, we would have a wrapping fest altogether! 


This year it's a bit different because we won't be celebrating as a family until Friday, but I'm accustom to it, my dad was a pilot for all my life, and sometimes he would work on Christmas...so we would sometimes have to wait. That being said, I am hoping I get all MY wrapping done before I help mom wrap the fam's gifts! 

Here is an idea for gift tags that you can use any day of the year, but Chistmas time for sure! This is such a quick DIY. I just adore the look of chalk paint & Kraft paper! So I combined them into these super cute gift tags!!! It takes about 20 minutes! 

I would show you how I wrapping but I haven't wrapped single thing! Whoops! Will post a pic on Instagram: @RynB!


What to gather:
Kraft paper (I used kraft paper bookmarks and tore them in half.)
Chalkboard paint ( I used the color black)
Hole puncher
Chalk marker
Sponge paintbrush 

1. Get your kraft paper. Tear or cut it into 3"x2" rectangles.

2. Load your paintbrush with chalkboard paint, and swipe. Swipe a few times until you like the coverage. 

3. Let dry.

4. Use the hole punch and punch a hole at one end of the rectangle. 

5. Use the chalk pen to write the names of whom you are gifting. 
6. Tie it on your package! 
7. Give the gift! 
Plus you'll get super cute confetti you can add to a package by the whole punch! See!

See told ya! Easy peasy lemon squeezey! 
Adorable, right?!

Hope you have an amazing holiday! See you tomorrow with a great cookie recipe! ; ) 

-Ryn
*disclaimer: if you have a polished manicure, I would wear gloves while doing this project, because if not, your hands will look like this when finished...
And it may or may not wash off with scrubbing! Just an FYI!

No comments: