July 25, 2012

Life is better with Mascara : )

Mascara is a cosmetic commonly used to enhance the eyes. It may darken, thicken, lengthen, and/or define the eyelashes. Normally in one of three forms—liquid, cake, or cream—the modern mascara product has various formulas; however, most contain the same basic components of pigments, oils, waxes, and preservatives.

Funny story, A friend of mine, has fair skin & red hair, and her lashes are blonde, well we were working together on a team, and another person asked her if she was wearing white mascara! No she had just forgotten to put mascara on! Hah!

See Mascara helps : )

One of my favorite things about make-up is the mascara! It defines your eyes quite nicely! I love how long my lashes look! It makes the makeup stand out & add perfection to your face! If you want a bold look add a smokey eye, or if you want a natural look(I do this on a daily basis, then I add a pop of color to my lips) , add shimmer nude eyeshadow, thin eyeliner (I like the Ulta brand automatic eyeliner pen) and two coats of mascara! But you can add mascara to your eyelashes on so many different looks! I LOVE mascara!



My favorites so far:

MAC Plush Lash Mascara $15
It has a rose scented smell to it, But It doesn't irritate your eyes, so that's a very good thing!
http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/152/1580/Plush-Lash/index.tmpl

Benefit They're Real! Mascara $23
Most favorite! Love this stuff, It does make my eyelashes look as if I have falsies on! They're great! :) You can also get a trial size at ulta for about $10 and it lasts along time :) THEY'RE REAL! lengthens, volumizes, lifts, curls & separates. Benefit cosmetics jet black, long-wearing formula won't smudge or dry out! It's true! I'm so not lying! I heart this stuff!
http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/product/view/theyre-real?ext_id=psad_Ggl_US&siteID=qBNKlhsBsB4-02mfy._oZ_HSGLozTv6xyQ
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod4141629


Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes $5.19
I've read that many makeup artists use great lash, because it's tried & true! It's great for layering with other mascaras, plays nicely with others ; ) I layer it with my MAC plush lash all the time! It gives you a nice oomph to your lashes which is ALWAYS nice!
http://www.drugstore.com/maybelline-great-lash-washable-mascara-very-black/qxp10998

I have found that getting the mascara off your eyes can be tricky! Very tricky! A good hint is to use coconut oil on the hard to get off mascara, by rubbing in circles gently until you have what I call raccoon eyes and then wipe off with a washcloth... The oil breaks down the particles in the mascara, to where you can easily remove it, and the coconut is a great hydrating moisturizer for your skin : ) it's never harsh on your skin, especially on your tender skin around your eyes, which is important that you aren't rough with them, we wouldn't want to cause wrinkles! $8.49
http://www.vitacost.com/natures-way-efagold-coconut-oil


Also when you have a great eyelash curler! The world is your oyster! I love the way it gently curls your lashes to perfection! Tweezerman makes great eyelash curlers.  $12.00
http://www.drugstore.com/tweezerman-professional-classic-lash-curler/qxp158195?catid=183641

Enjoy!

No comments: