July 26, 2012

Rosebud Lips

My lips are probably my most favorite feature on my face, because they in case my smile & they turn into a rosebud when I pucker! They also are the softest things when I scrub them : ) They also wrap around my words! And they have to put up with me licking them, which leads to drying them out : / But there is always good news about ceasing dryness, and here are some things that I use:

EOS Lip balm: $3.29

Love this lip balm!
1.because of the shape of the dome balm & 2. because I love how it makes my lips so smooth & minty fresh!
 http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2221109&productId=xlsImpprod3490245&navAction=push&navCount=1&categoryId=cat80066%20cat1090001%20cat80178#sku2221112

Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm: $8.00


If I got a years worth of this stuff I wouldn't complain! I love everything about this stuff! (I currently have it on as I type) I bought this lip balm after I saw it in a few magazines I was reading & I finally caved and bought it & I don't regret it one bit! I love the hint of pink it has, the painted floral metal tin it comes in, the vintage vibe it gives off, the minty-ness in it, the french words it has on the container to describe it & it's made in the USofA! It's 0.8oz of goodness right here! It's the best $8.00 I've spent! Love Love Love!

http://www.sephora.com/minted-rose-lip-balm-P164932


Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers: $5.00



This product gives off just the right amount of color! I myself love the cherry color & the caramel color : ) It's 100% natural. Bonus, right there, folks! It also has a really great tingle to it because of the peppermint oil they put in it.! I love this lip balm! But be careful not to get carried away with adding too many layers, because yes they are sheer, but they add up! It has a fair amount of color to it! Sheer Pleasure (pun intended :) )
http://www.burtsbees.com/natural-products/lips-lip-color/lip-shimmer.html



And those of you who love soft lips, Here is a recipe I concocted just for this reason, and it won't dry those pretty lil' rosebuds either! This is especially great when you are about to wear brightly pigmented lipsticks...
Mix together these ingredients in a small sauce pan on low heat:
Granulated Sugar (organic is great, but regular is good too!)
Coconut oil
Olive oil
Peppermint extract
Vanilla extract (you can use other scented extracts too)

Then let cool for two minutes, then pour into a container.
Then rub a dime size onto your lips, and buff! (I use a Clarisonic Mia, but you can just use your hands or a wash cloth in a circular motion) and then wipe clean! You will have a nice layer of oil on your lips, which feels wonderful! It will absorb!

http://www.clarisonic.com/shop/sonic_skin_cleansing_systems/sonic_skin_cleansing_system_mia2/?gclid=CNvtoaTRtrECFWVvTAodzHsAWw


I myself LOVE bright lips, and I think this will be and probably already is, my trademark : ) I just love the look of a natural face and I only use one brand of lipstick to get my colors of lipstick! That brand is MAC of course! I carry pretty much all of my colors with me, and we're talking about 11 to 15 containers of lipstick!!! I just don't know what I'll be in the mood for! ; )
My favorites are:
Nicki Viva glam $14.50


Lady Danger Matte $14.00
And since this pic doesn't do the color justice here's another pic:

Frou $14.00 ( It isn't bright but it's sooo pretty in the fall & winter)

Russian Red $14.00 "The truest of reds that I have tried! it doesn't turn blue-ish!"
Impassioned $14.00
Cut a caper $14.00
Crosswires $14.00 (such a creamy orange)

I encourage you to play in the make-up department or in a MAC store to find your perfect shades for skin tones : ) I know you are going to find some goodies!

Let me know what your favorites are! I love to try new things!

Enjoy!

No comments: