August 17, 2012

God Bless America & All hail the Queen!

I know I'm late on the Pippa & Kate Scene, but I was thinking...
I love their styles. They are Gems in my book! They're simple, they're not over the top, and they're not "ooh look at me"! Their style is bold, yet it's refined, classy, simple, & makes a beautiful impact! Each piece of clothing they're wearing "FITS" them... not their crazy cousin Sam. But actually their bodies! What I don't like seeing is, here in America, that things don't fit properly. I'm all about the boho and the fitted styles. Just get them to fit. Not to look ginormous or like you are fitting in sausage casing. Believe me no one wants to see that! I will probably stress this out on here, but No ready wear,(what you get off the rack) will fit you exactly right, there is only like 2% of clothes that actually look good off the rack without alterations! And when you find that garment, Rejoice! You do not have abnormal body, But designers do use a dress form, because they cannot design for every body type, so they have to pick one & enlarge it for every size...  Another thing I could do without is: The elaborate street wear girls are getting from their peers & role models. I don't care who you are, you do not need to dress up like a rainbow everyday! You can choose 3 colors tops to be your pop of color, Standouts in your wardrobe. You can also choose a pattern & a bright color(s). and then accessorize by mixing neutrals with color coordinating pieces, You Don't have to matchy-match, but you can if you'd like! You can still be fun & put together without looking like a candy store! If you really want to go all out you could choose 3 patterns in slightly vintage-y colors. Like exhibit A:
When seeing neutrals don't think of them as dowdy, think of them as a backdrop or blank canvas to project your colors and patterns, to complete a look : )
















I hope you enjoyed this! - Ryn
 Stay tuned!

No comments: