March 22, 2013

DIY Friday: Tribal Jeans

I totally fell for the look of the printed Tribal pants & skinnies, but I hadn't found one that I absolutely loved, so I made my own kind of tribal/tuxedo skinnies... Super easy to make!

How I came up with this idea, was I wanted it to look like these pants, but I didn't want an all over print like this. My first thought was to make the print from the mid calf down, but I wasn't totally committed to that idea. So I decided for now just a "tuxedo/tribal" stripe down each leg. The great thing about doing it yourself, is that you can go with one idea and if you want to change it, you can totally revamp your first DIY into another look. You get to play with it until you're happy with it!




And these pants are just fun!
One. They are slimming because they are printed down the seams of each leg.
Two. They are fun to wear without being in-your-face tribal. They are just the right amount of being subtle & on-trend!
Three. they are fun & easy to make!


What you'll need:
Skinny Jeans or Jeggings
Paint ( Jacquard or acrylic)
1'' inch foam paintbrush
Speedy-cut Carving blocks (DickBlick)
Iron


Step 1: Lay your pants on a flat surface.
Step 2: Cut your carving blocks to the size of the triangle you want. ( I cut them in not so perfect triangles.
Step 3: load your foam brush with paint, then brush on your carving block triangles.
Step 4: stamp onto the outside seam of your pants. let dry, then do other outside seam of pant.
Step 5: then Let dry overnight.
Step 6: Iron on medium to high heat, to set the paint.
Step 7: Look cute and wear!





 
Xoxo - Ryn

No comments: