March 27, 2013

Style find: a crisp white V-neck

I had these perfect v-neck tees from my all-time favorite store that shut it's doors a few years back... 
I was so devastated over it too, because every time I would go in the store, and tried things on, everything would fit me like a glove, doesn't always happen off the rack... : ( The name of the store was Martin + Osa. LOVED that store! and those two white tees I bought are so soft & luscious! but regretfully I finally had to retire them to my PJ's... boo hoo!


V-necks are vital for your wardrobe. The ultimate staple! You can never have too many white tees! It's an easy way to pair with bootcut jeans, skinnies, slacks, skirts, wide-leg pants, maxi-skirts, boyfriend jeans, jackets, blazers, cardigans.

One thing about a white v-neck, is it's so classic. I mean, a colored shirt is great, but NOTHING beats the look of a crisp white v-neck! It's definitely a staple for your wardrobe. It's one of those items you need to buy in bulk. If you find one that looks superb on you, one that skims all your curves & flatters you, and the V is the PERFECT V, you need to buy, like, 5! I'm telling you, it's such a classic, you'll be able to wear it with so much! You'll find outfits that go with them, ALL the time!

Just make sure it compliments your decolatte' (upper chest & collarbone area). There are certain lengths for v-necks, There are short & wide, long & thin, long & wide, short & thin. If you're not sure try on a couple of different style v-necks and pick accordingly to which one you think looks good & best suits you. There are also deep v-necks, and well, those don't always flatter you, like you think they would! just be cautious in that area. Maybe wear a cami when you wear a deep V...


I'm telling you, you can wear the same V-neck days in a row and pair it with different items in your closet, and still look as chic as you did on the first day! (Granted as long as you don't spill anything on it!😉)

And tunic style, upper thigh length is a great style for a V-neck! : ) My all time favorite length!


Here are a few options for ya! :
 
 
(Gap)
 
(H&M)
 
 
 
And since I am such a nice person, and you may hate v-necks I threw in a U-neck tee, you can try! Another name for it, scoop-neck.
(Gap)
 
Also really great brands & stores that carry V-necks are:
Mossimo for Target
Oldnavy
Pure + Good (usually at anthro)
Eileen Fisher 
: ) Love ya!!!! - Ryn

No comments: