March 13, 2013

Happenin': Taught at ETAD

So the last weekend in February, I taught for two days at Education of Textile Arts Dallas conference hosted by the Ever so lovely Peggy Sagers from Silhouette Patterns( if you sew you need to go to her site and buy her patterns, so worth it!), about sewing, fabrics, patterns, DIY's & style/fashion. I had 10 wonderful ladies in each class. It was soo much fun! Wish it didn't have to end! : ( but now I'm looking forward to next year and anything that arises this year!
www.silhouettepatterns.com

Seriously! It was so much fun! I only regret not taking a group picture, so I can show you how beautiful they were! 😔😊

So the second class I taught was on getting out of the box: pairing different prints with the patterns you are using. And making yourself appear youthful in your dressing & wardrobe.

One of the things I told them was how they should mix prints, say, a stripe and a polka dot in the same garment/outfit, or mixing stripes with florals, or florals with polka dots, florals with gingham. It's youthful, but not over the top!

If your not trying to wear your daughters clothes, but you still want to look hip and cool, just tweak the way you buy fabric and use patterns.

Just because you have a pattern that gives you 3 pattern pieces in it, doesn't mean you can't switch it and make, say the yoke in a stripe, the back in a solid and then for the front add a punchy floral print! The skies the limit! Or color block, if you made a tunic, you can use one fabric for the body of the tunic and for the sleeves pair it with a whole other color.
It's easy once you wrap your head around it! : )

So if you can tell, I'm still pumped about that weekend! You'll see throughout, I will blog about new things! I would really like to incorporate DIY's, sewing, beauty finds and of course styling & shopping! Also thinking about a face lift for this blog, more of an update per se! Super excited! Another thing, I'll be having more guest bloggers writing for me too! So definitely subscribe and I'm also on bloglovin as : styledbyryn
So please feel free to comment and ask questions!

P.s. I had this lady in my class, for both days, and I was thinking oh my goodness this lady's skin was so pretty, I wonder what she uses on her skin, she looked about 35! Guess how young she actually is, 5-0!!! When I grow up I want my skin to look like hers! Oh my goodness! ( and the great thing is, her mom told her never use anything on your face! And she hasn't!) gorgeous skin, I tell ya!

P.s. if you were in my class I would love to hear from you and see your projects you've been working on!

Have a beautiful day y'all! -Ryn

No comments: