March 5, 2013

No Make-up Monday

So My Sister, Heather, wrote an article on www.destinyinbloom.com this week and women from all over started taking pictures of themselves and posting it on their facebooks, instagrams, twitters, you name it. Yesterday was not only a day to celebrate freedom of make-up, but it was also to celebrate being pretty in your own skin! I'm proud of you, Heather! Love you!




I know for me, I like wearing make-up, I enjoy it much! Sometimes I get consumed in wearing it, I forget, I don't have to wear it all the time, I can go out of the house without my minimal make-up required rule...
Sometimes I think each of us, think we'll be judged by the way our faces look. and if it's not perfect to the T, well then, I'm sorry, you're in the reject pile. But that's definitely not the way it should be... or how we should allow it. You make your own choices and you make the decision to stay beautiful with or without make-up. I think sometimes, that we use our make-up as a type of security blanket of sorts... Where if we have that made up face, our flaws are subdued... that our insecurities are secured... It's kind of awful really! How society has trained us, that if you're not perfect, you're not worthy... But you are so worth it! And so very very beautiful! Strut your pretty stuff! Take off that security blanket we call make-up and live.it.up! Have confidence & a new perspective on life & beauty!


And now that I bared my naked face, Here is a glimpse of me, baring my heart... and what a true testimony it is, that shows you what true forgiveness really does! : )

Nowadays, People ask me, Was it fun growing up with a sister that was a make-up artist? That's a tough question to answer... Not really, I tell them! By this time they have a dumbfounded look on their faces and they usually ask why? if I'm still standing there, and haven't walked away...

Well, it wasn't always pocket full of posies! My life has been pretty wonderful with a few troubled waters along the way. I had the choice to hold bitterness in my heart. I had the choice to hold unforgiveness in my heart towards her... We used to argue ALL the time! As any sisters would, but then those arguments would turn into hatred for me... there was a point in my life, where I could honestly despise seeing her, talking to her and being around her. Those were MY choices. Who was I not forgiving? Her, which turned into not forgiving myself! Kinda crazy right?! I was holding unforgiveness in my heart that was intended for her, but in turn it was ALL on me! I wasn't forgiving myself. I was holding onto unforgiveness of something we argued about or she had done and I was taking the brunt of it! I was hurting myself! Which in turn if you let that fire sizzle, it's going to burn YOU! Am I over it yet, Yes. are the wounds still tender... yes. Am I proud of them, of course not! Am I walking unforgiveness, I try! (I'm human) and that's where grace comes in! : )
 I forgive you.......

Did you know that for every time you hold bitterness in your heart towards another person, you are causing wrinkles and you are decreasing the number of years on your life!? New Perspective. eh?

So I encourage you to Forgive. Forgive. Forgive! It makes for a happier life indeed!

 I'm just now, not caring that we like the same things...( I have to remind myself, girl, it's fine we can have the same things!) Our styles are very similar... but still not entirely the same. But I used to cringe when we would like the same things. And she knew it too. and I think she did things just so I would cringe!

But one of my goals this year for 2013. Was to let go, don't get upset or mad, Don't get upset for the people around me that she gets upset with! One, I'm not here to judge. and 2. I'm not here to hold years and years worth of things, against her! For one thing, she may not even remember what made me angry in 2007! (Neither do I, but that was the year I picked) It's ridiculous to hold things in your heart for that long!  We have similar taste. But, not everything is to each of our likings! Hallelujah! ; ) And as time goes by our styles change, ALWAYS for the better! ; ) it's just in this year and part of last that, that we have grown closer as sisters & friends! (I know, I'm as shocked as you to say that f-word!) But yes, We're friends! Are we besties? I think we will become that someday, maybe in the near future! Who knows!

But now she's my make-up artist & I'm her stylist! (what are the odds?) I lift her up, In my words and in my prayers... Praying always wins!

And If you need help in both arenas, Please let us know! We would love to meet & help ya!

Although, she can't help ya between, June 22nd-July 6th, Because my favorite-ist part about this blog, Is My niece will be arriving then!!! Emma, You are in for an incredible and beautiful ride! So excited! I'll teach you you everything I know! and you'll look cute while learning! ; )
Lemme tell you, the Lord does exceedingly above what you could hope, dream or imagine! I prayed this girl in! And I am oh so thrilled!

-Ryn

P.s. Even though today is almost gone you can still read her article & send in you naked face pictures to www.destinyinbloom.com! Or post them onto facebook: Destiny in Bloom : )


No comments: