November 11, 2013

Soul searcher: my life in the last 7 days...

I've had a whirlwind of a week! Like you don't even know! It was interesting...which you'll find out why I didn't post my Wednesday blogpost...

Last Monday: I woke feeling crappy. I had sore-ish throat. Needed to take it easy yet work on things for my upcoming show that next weekend. I was also co-babysitting my baby niece who is just the cutest! Then my friend Jenny came over to help me package my jewels. What a blessing. Then when she left I became very overwhelmed and had anxiety get the best of me. Cried to my mom (more like sobbed) and then went to bed.

Tuesday: Before bed I had planned to sleep in a bit. Since I was babysitting my niece, I couldn't sleep in much later. So that morning my sister barges into my room and yells at me "GET UP, MOM'S HAVING A STROKE! Not a very fun way to wake up from deep sleep. Well, I screamed and scrambled out of bed. And started praying in tongues from the get go! I reach the living room and I look at my mom and she's mumbling and her face had fallen and her arm isn't working properly. All true signs of a stroke. My sister's on the phone with 911, saying yes to EMTs coming. Then after a few minutes, she comes out of it. Heather cancels the EMTS. Well, you can't just cancel the EMTs without a follow up from the sheriff, so the sheriff comes out and starts talking with her. Then it happens again. This time the sheriff calls in the EMTs. I'm sent to my room with my niece and the dog and I get ahold of my pastors and we pray. The EMTs take her away. My brother in law takes my niece and I hurridly get ready. We then drive to the hospital about 25min away... Then she was admitted to the hospital.
She wanted me to stay that night, but I wasn't feeling well  and hospitals are the dirtiest place and I needed to finish a few things. So opted out of it. But I stayed til 10:30 or 11:00.. 

Wednesday: I go to bed around 3:30... Then I wake up sobbing. Uncontrollably sobbing! I text my sister, dy, and text with her awhile. Then heather was picking me up later, but I asked her if she could come earlier. She could and she's now on her way. Then she gets here. We play with Emma for a bit then I get ready. Feeling exhausted and asked if I could take a short nap before going to the hospital. And so I get into bed, but SLEEP. Whether it was only 45 minutes or 9hrs, it felt heavenly! That whole day was a teary eyed day! I also I brought work with me to keep my mind occupied.    I stayed at the hospital till 12am Or 1am.

Thursday: I head to the hospital. She had and MRI yesterday. The doctor comes in, and tells her that indeed she had on e stroke. but he also said that it was the perfect stroke. She walked away practically unharmed. She's getting discharged today! Yay! We leave the hospital around 2:00 ish. Then we come home. I finish what I need to get done. And freak out a little! My friend Hannah comes to the rescue!

Friday: Funkyfinds set-up day! Heather comes to the house with the truck. We load up and head down to the poultry barn at will rogers in Fort Worth. Then my other sister, Camille, picks coffee up and cookies and meets us there! What a godsend! We set up and we came back to the house. 

Saturday: I get up pretty early, Hannah is picking me up with time to go to Starbucks! The we head to my booth at funky finds! We sell sell sell and then heather gets there and takes over Hannah's post. Then we sell more! 
And then we go home.

Sunday: my dad takes me down to the poultry barn. My friend joy helps out that day. We sell even more! Hallelujah! And then afterwards we tear down! 

Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday: it's a combination of uploading things on etsy, taking care of my mom and resting.


So there ya have it! It was a very busy week! And it was also a great weekend! 
The devil tried to steal & destroy that week from me! But with Gods grace and protection we survived and thrived! And we are continuing to, too!

 If you've been walking in weeks like this, I suggest you lean on to God and he'll give you the desires of your heart. He'll restore your soul if you let him. 

I may have left out a few details from that week but you get the gist of it! 

If you can, would you keep my mom in your prayers? Please & Thank-you!
-Ryn


No comments: