August 16, 2013

DIY Friday: nailpolish wheel & watermelon refresher

This post is a third of a beauty find, a third part recipe and a third DIY Friday! It's the perfect DIY for a beauty guru! 

I started this task a few weeks ago when I started organizing my nailpolishes. And that was a task in and of itself! But I had some polish wheels, that my friend holly had given me months ago. And well, since I don't always remember what colors are in my collection & I want my colors at my fingertips so I can see which ones i want to use,  this is the perfect solution. 

You can either buy a pack of nail color wheels which holds 25 colors (Sally beauty supply sells these for about $4.00 a pack) or you can make your own with poster board & cut in a 4in. circle. 

1. Grab your nail color wheel. 

2. Separate your nailpolishes, to type of brand, Essie, opi, butter London...etc.

3. Start with the brand of your choice, and start polishing your wheels.

4. And then, identify which brand(s) is on that wheel and what the names are on the bottles that match the nail you just polished on the wheel and jot that down. 


And then I also have a refreshing drink you should try! I had a watermelon on the counter that needed to be eaten, and came up with this little refresher! (Magnolia cheese company in Fort Worth, Texas, who gave me this idea!)



You'll need:
Blender
Sparkling water
Watermelon
Ice
A Glass
Stevia (optional)

1.blend a third of a watermelon in the blender until its puréed. 

2.fill a glass with ice.

3.fill the glass half full with the watermelon purée. 

4.pour sparkling water over the watermelon purée. 

5. Add a few drops of stevia. (Optional)

And ta-da!!! It's so refreshing and super yummy! The perfect end of summer drink! 

So I hope you enjoy! Have fun this weekend! -Ryn

No comments: