August 2, 2013

DIY Friday: Bejeweled Sweatshirt


Yay my favorite day of the week for you and me! DIY Friday!!! Sometimes it seems frazzled, because I seem to think the week is much longer than it really is, and I forget to do a DIY until the last minute... ; ) but I always have ideas swimmin' around in my noggin to pull from! 

Thankfully this DIY was easy to accomplish! But it looks so chic! And I apologize if my DIY's have autumn/winter theme of clothing going on! I don't really mean for it to be like that, but 1. Autumn is my favorite time of year! and  2. You'll be able to wear these garments when the weather cools off! : )

Shall we jump into the instructions?! I think so! 
 
First off: 
Gather your supplies:
Crew neck sweatshirt ( I found mine in the men's department at H&M for $7.50, such a steal!)
Embroidery thread (you can certainly use normal sewing thread, I just prefer embroidery thread. It's more durable.)
Scissors
Beads (you'll need two hole beads) (I found mine at hobby lobby in the clearance section) 
Needle
Pencil


1. Place the sweatshirt on a flat surface. 
2. Place the beads on sweatshirt to your liking. ( I did, 3,4,3,4,3 for rows...)
3. Use pencil to mark on the sweatshirt wear you want the bead to go. 

4. Thread your needle with 3 strands of the 6 strands of embroidery thread. And tie a knot.

5. Place the needle & thread on the inside of the sweatshirt and align the need to where the pencil marking is.

6. Sew on all the beads. Sew both holes on. Tie off each stitch. 

7. And then you are done! Complete! Perfect!

This would be perfect with a bodycon pencil skirt and heels. Maybe a collared shirt underneath, topknot. Simply smashing, darling! 

Here is the inspiration of the DIY, from j.crew's autumn collection through the years: 





I hope you actually do this! It's super fun and I can't wait to wear mine! : ) enjoy & happy Friday!!! -Ryn

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Exactly what I wanted. An extreme value. Your traditional sweatshirt shopping days are over!!! Trust me, you are going to love it..
i would recommend http://www.apparelnbags.com/sport-tek/index.htm

Ryn B. said...

Thanks Jennifer! You're awesome!