July 26, 2013

DIY Friday: 13 days of goodies

"Heaven is a wonderful place, filled with glory & grace, I want to see my saviors face, cause heaven is a wonderful place! "

This week has been a bit rough. A friend of mine and her husband were killed in a car wreck on the way to see their families in Louisiana on Tuesday. I heard the news on Wednesday. And part of me says, no no, they're still alive, and the other part says, no they're not here anymore. (let me tell ya, it didn't help to watch a walk to remember either!)  But the awesome thing is, they ARE more alive than we are! Stinks for us, but its awesome for them! I never got the opportunity to meet her husband, But Hailey was awesome! So full of life and Jesus! To me she was and forever will be the flower gal. (She used to arrange flowers for a living! At least that was what she wanted to do, before getting married.) She was an incredible person, talented, creative, caring & so pretty! The rough thing for me to wrap my head around is, they had a dog and if you've ever seen the movie Hatchi with Richard Gere, then you'll know where I'm coming from, but that sweet puppy! What will happen to him? Both of his owners passed away. Or was he with them? : (  I just know Hailey & Matthew went to heaven, and what a great celebration they're having! :) Please pray peace & comfort for the Barr & Morgan families.

On a lighter note:
I thought this would be a fun DIY for ya, as I was assembling these goodie bags for my sister! ; ) You can do this DIY for birthdays, Christmases, anniversaries,  valentines, birthing babies, etc! Use your imagination! My mom and I, went to ulta for everything! Since my sister is a makeup artist, it's only natural to gift her with beauty products! I'd love this sometime! So fun!

What you'll need:
Brown paper lunch bags
Your goodies of choice
Hole punch
Ribbon or tulle
Sharpie 
Big shopping bag (if transporting)
Notecard


This is pretty much self explanatory, so I won't be doing a step by step, this time! 


(See got my bags from Wally World!)






Ta-da! Perfecto! Have a great weekend! -Ryn 

No comments: