May 22, 2013

Beauty Find: You can't go wrong with lipstick & mascara...

(Girl about town) 

Nothing is as fabulous than a woman wearing no more than lipstick, mascara & a lil powder on her face. It's a confident act to do that, and such a pretty one as well! Going au natural is a luxury in and of itself! One should do it regularly...

I'm a big fan of bright lipstick & mascara. It's so simplistic/elegant to me. Just the other day, I just wanted to wear red lipstick. I haven't worn red lipstick since Christmas time... But I REALLY wanted to! And for those of you who don't know me, I carry about 11 MAC lipsticks + others in my purse... (I've got a hook up of Mac supplies) and I carry them around with me, pretty much everywhere I go! It's been like this since high school... Crazy! And i get a little sad when i change out my purse to a smaller bag or im travling, i then only bring 4-5... Anywho, I think what spurred on the red lips, was that I had on a white V-neck (which I made & I absolutely love!) and something about a white v-neck and red lips, it's just well um, sexy.... And very chic! 

Now to the other part of this blog, I'm a HUGE fan of mascara! I will layer and layer and layer mascara on top of over each other to make them stand out. I'm a fan of my length of lashes, but my sister has such luscious lashes! They are incredibly long. I almost think she took all of the length and thickness from both my other sister and myself.

(Russian red)

A few weeks ago, my favorite beauty store: Beauty Brands was having a fabulous event, which they always do! And they are ALWAYS so nice. And they take competitors coupons! Big plus right there, since there are days when I think Ulta doesn't even take their own coupons...

Anyway, the beauty event was about 15 or so different kinds of prestige(high end) mascaras for $10.98 ea!!!! A total steal! So I bought 2 different tubes of mascara, which were: hyperlash by smashbox & glominerals. I really like hyperlash, the glominerals one, ehhh it's ok, not my fave. But I'll still use it.
One thing to add, go to an event early, because if you waited like I did, well, lets just say, the selection is few... Which I would have liked to try some of the others... Next time! 

And then a few nights ago, I was at Kroger's grocery store, and I had just pinned this mascara, like two days before. And so I bought the maybelline cat eyes mascare, which I layer with Hyperlash... And it works great! And I think I paid only $5.89 for, and I think that was a good price for it. 

Side note: 
Funny story, years ago, I hated loose eyelashes! Grossed me out entirely! Where I made my family get the loose eyelashes off my face and made them get them off their own faces too. And the whole blowing it off your finger and making a wish thing, um no! Eww! That's just disturbing. Like I said, funny story! Hah!



My favorites right now:

Lips:
Impassioned by MAC
Russian red by MAC
Girl about town by MAC


Lashes:
Benefit They're real?
Smashbox Hyperlash 
Maybelline the colossal volume express in regard feline 


On my wish list to get:
Rebel lipstick by MAC ( I saw on a customer, with fair skin like me, last Fall at an event and I have wanted it ever since!)
Ruby woo by MAC (I've heard this is the best red lipstick ever! It works for any skin tone.)

-Ryn

No comments: