May 31, 2013

DIY Friday: polky dotty tip toes

So I'm not one to really indulge in going for a pedicure... I mean, I really like the idea of the nail salon, but I never like the way it turns out, they chip too quickly, they complain that I like them short. (No white showing) and they leave rough cuticles! I'm sorry, I'll just do them myself! Annnnd I like the way I do them. So if I were to indulge, a massage is what I'd get! : )

So I decided to do my toes, polka-dotted style. I chose a reddish/orange color, named hip-anema from Essie. Perfectly bright color for summer! This is the easiest nail art I've ever come across! 

So what you'll need:


Nail color (of your choice)
Sharpie (color, your choice, I used gold)
Top coat (I really like OPI top coat) 

My toes needed some TLC...
Take your polish off.
Bare Naked toes...
Tools to use on your feet. Nippers, clippers, white buffer, crystal nail file (my favorite kind, leaves nails so smooth), metal nail file.

Polish your toes, two coats, but DO NOT put top coat on yet...

Use the sharpie, and put little dots/lines on you toes.
And you put the top coat on, the marker stays put. And let dry!

So cute right?! (I love the color combo, so summery) (Sorry about the whiteness! And I've been out in the sun! 😁)

Making sure they dry! 
I love this quick dry spray! It's from onyx professional, from Walmart for $3.98 I believe! And it works wonders! 
The last step is to clean up the edges, with a q-tip and acetone. And then voilà! 
P.S. I may even do this on my nails I like it so much! These pics are NOT doing it justice! 

Enjoy! -Ryn




No comments: