May 10, 2013

DIY Friday: Lettered Tee

I'm do excited to be sharing this with you!!! This has got to be one of my favorite DIY's yet!
I kept seeing these really basic scripted tees and sweatshirt on Pinterest, and fell in love with them! See what I mean?











So, I had to make my own! And in honor of my upcoming trip to Paris, I just had to put my saying in French, using the handy dandy google translator! I used the quote "favor is chasing me down & overtaking me!" But you're welcome to use a different quote! I just liked it for me and it's just such a good reminder!
 

Plus, anything in French, makes it all the more fancy, I think! I love the look. So chic & romantic.


And the other day I bought this incredibly long raglan sleeved sweatshirt from old navy in the clearance section. (I'm hoping they have more) and I just knew I had to do something lovely to it! : )

I'll be making more of these and maybe so tees too, with different sayings on them! You can style them so chicly! : )

Here are the deets on how to make these amazing shirts!!!

What you'll need:
Tee or sweatshirt
Paint (I used jacquard and acrylic)
Letter Stencils (I bought mine at Home Depot or Lowe's, not exactly sure which one)
Triangle make up sponge
Sewing Marker (one you can erase with water, it should be blue)
Tape measure
Towel or piece of wood (to go between the layers of the shirt)


1. Lay out your shirt on a clean surface. Use the wood to separate the layers of the tee.


2. Measure where the middle and then mark it. Then mark starting corner & finishing corner.

 

3. Place your stencils on the shirt. Use a bowl, place your paint color in there. Then use your sponge and dip it in the paint.


4. Dab the sponge on the stencil on the tee, remove the stencil and then repeat to the next stencil.


5. Until you've done the entire quote.


6. Then hang to dry for 12-24hrs.


7. Then iron on medium-high heat to set the paint so it doesn't wash out in the washer when you clean it.


And viola! You've got an incredibly cute tee, just waiting to be styled!

Also, Are there any good DIY's out there that I jusr NEED to try?!  Comment below!! I'd love to it!!

Hope ya'll are enjoying these DIY projects! Let me know, please!
Love y'all, Ryn














2 comments:

Shae said...

I love this style. This is a perfect project!

Ryn B. said...

Shae, Thanks girl! It was fun to do it!