May 24, 2013

DIY Friday: Button Cardigan

Have y'all been enjoying the DIY's?! I need your input & feedback! Please comment below! 👇👇👇

This is probably the easiest ways to change a look of a garment. It's so easy, it only took me about 20 minutes! (And I took pictures) 

I won & bought this sweater off of eBay, for $23.00!!! It's all cashmere, big and slouchy, which I wanted and totally the perfect color! I'm guessing you can now call me an eBay ninja! (Just kidding!) but around the same time, I won/bought a turquoise ring too! 

So, I for one, didn't want to look like a man's sweater. I wanted a feminine touch to it. So what I did was change the buttons. It's easy peasy! 


Go get yo supplies together:

Small Scissors or seam ripper
New buttons ( I used glass & covered buttons, I mixed & matched the buttons, it gives it character!)
Thread 
Needle
Cardigan






Step 1. Lay out your cardigan. 


Step 2: snip buttons of the sweater.


Step 3: It should look like this.




Steps 4 & 5: thread your needle. And tie it off.


Step 6: pull the thread through the sweater. 


Step 7: load your thread with a button. (And no, there isn't an invisible button on that thread, I just forgot to include a pic for this step!)



Step 8. Attach the button securely by tying it off. 


Step 9: snip the remaining thread.


Step 10: yay! We're 60% done!!! Only two more buttons to sew on!


Step 11: and done! Complete! It's cute right?!

P.S. Save your old buttons, in case you ever decide to give or sell your sweater. Or use the buttons on a different garment. You'll find a way to use them again, I promise!


So there ya have it! Let me know how it goes for y'all! I'd love to hear! 

Oh and there's upcoming things I going to share with y'all soon! Can't wait! 👏☺ 

XOXO, Ryn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a great idea! I've done this before when I've lost several buttons, I love the mismatched button look!

Ryn B. said...

Thanks so much, hellohomebody!!! : )