May 3, 2013

DIY Friday: boot storage





So this post is for the organizing at heart folks! This is for storing your boots... You know the boots you wear in autumn and winter. and with the weather we've been receiving, in the spring too!

The easiest way to store them without letting them lay limp & lifeless is to use pool noodles. Yes, you heard me correctly, pool noodles! And what better time than the beginning of pool season to stock up? ( I bought mine at Target for $3.99 ea.) and I used 1 for two pair. It's super easy & inexpensive to take car of your boots! I was just in The Container Store the other day & they had boot stands that where anywhere from $15-$25 a pair. And I just bought a pool noodle for $3.99, cut it & and used it for two pair of boots! Praise Him!

After doing this, I can actually hear my boots saying thank you and we love you Ryn, can't wait for fall! ; )

So comment below when you try this!!! I'd love to hear if you've tried it yet!

What you'll need for your boots to say thank you:
Pool noodles (depends on how many boots you have)
Knife ( I used a plastic lettuce knife, but a bread knife would work just as well)
Boots
Marker



Get your boots & noodles!

Plastic Lettuce Knife

Marker (Le pen is what I used)

You'll want to measure the noodle inside of the boot.

Make sure it goes all the way down to the heel.

Mark the noodle where it hits or an inch below the top of boot with the marker. 

Cut the noodle where you marked it.

Measure the cut noodle with rest of the noodle and mark it and cut.

There's the limp & lifeless boots.

And here are the full of life & full noodles boots I just love!

Perfect!

 
 
 
By the way, This is the best stuff to revive you r leather shoes & boots! I'm sure you can find this at walmart or target... This one is from Nordstrom Rack, It was about $4.95 I think.




***Dull***

***Shiny***


Let me know how it turns out! Comment Below!!!
 Love Y'all - Ryn

No comments: