September 23, 2013

Beauty Find: Retro Matte

Yesterday, after church, mom and I decided to run errands. Well, one of my errands was to stop by Nordstrom.  (which is a BIG joke, no one just "stops by" in Nordstrom!) Anyway, we walked in and stayed for awhile, because a couple of weeks ago, my sister gave me a lipstick for running her errands, well that shade wasn't the one I liked, I think was called something Moroccan, so I had tried on lady bug, but they only had one tube left! And some lady snatched it from me. So I chose chili(because the sales girl, and might I add, rude sales girl pressured me into buying it.) Chili is a matte btw, and wasn't the greatest of shades on me... (But if you have it and rock it then more power to ya! 😉) Jokes on her though, I just exchanged it for the lady bug lustre! And I just adore it! It's the perfect fall color... Besides rebel... That ones a rich berry color and it's divine! 



I put the same aesthetic into choosing make up as I do with buying clothes and accessories,(and what tell my clients ALL the time, which is: if you don't love it, You will never want to wear it! 

I couldn't really get myself to wear that chili lipstick because I didn't feel my most confident self in that shade! For me, it wasn't a shade I was happy to wear! I'm sure most of you know how that is too!
Sorry, when I took this pic I was in a loopy mood! 

Here's a real smile! : )

It's simple tactic really, if you love something, you're going feel good about wearing it but if you're "ehh" on an item, chances are you will never feel comfortable wearing it and its better to save your money on something you really do love and buy that!

So just before I end up getting the lady bug shade... I spot MAC's new retro matte collection... Oh man! It was lovely! It has only been on the floor for a week and all of the shades were beautiful! So I contemplated whether to just get one of these matte beauties instead of lady bug or to just tack one of these shades onto my bill... I chose the latter... I bought the 'relentlessly red' and if you ask me, it's not really red, but more of a hot pinky coral. But I just really liked it! 

Even though it was the first day of fall, which I can now say "HAPPY FALL!!!"  I can't stray too far away from my bright lips tradition, because I just adore the bold lip look!(It's become my signature look) This shade will work in fall & winter too... or I'll just make it work! They also had a berry color, but they were out of it... Whew! I probably would have bought that one as well...

But you must go see this collection! It's worth it! Or you can go online and check out the outstanding colors! www.maccosmetics.com
Oh and they're $15.00ea.+tax.

And since it's a matte, it is drier & it's harder to reapply when you need to, because sometimes it makes your lips look like you need to scruff them...but the positive side to matte lipsticks are the fact that they act like a stain. And because they are so highly pigmented, they stay on your beautiful pout throughout your day! So buying a matte shade is worth it! I would just use a granulated sugar & olive oil mixture and scruff off the layer of dead skin on your lips before applying! You can also apply some lip balm like EOS or Burt's bees to give your lips a dewy-er look to them.

So anyway, I hope you have a happy Monday & a happy 2nd day of fall! 
And go see the new collection... I mean it! ; ) love y'all!
-Ryn

No comments: