September 20, 2013

DIY Friday: shoe clips

Yayyy! I'm back ready to DIY! I was inspired by the post from: http://honestlywtf.com/diy/diy-shoe-clips/  (which I'm sure the F stands for fruitcake or some like that! 😉)

I found it by perusing through my Pinterest board: the fashionist: DIY, and my user name is Styledbyryn, incase you'd like to follow... Wink wink!

And unfortunately I didn't have all of the supplies for this project, but I adore the look. You betcha I'll be getting some other clip-on earrings from antique stores, eBay and etsy. These, that are in the pics, are my deceased nana and I would really like to preserve them. But all that to say, I really see these in our futures, as long as we make them to be in our future... (I know, really profound!) but you could totally wear these on a day to day basis or for fancier events. It's up to you! : )

What you'll need:
Shoes
Vintage costume Earrings (preferably clip ons)
E6000 glue
Blank shoe clip hardware
Pliers
Toothpick
And then go to: http://honestlywtf.com/diy/diy-shoe-clips
For the instructions!

Madewell sidewalk skimmers were used for the models of these shoe clips! 






It's an easy & quick one, but a lil vintage, glamour & fun way to spruce up ones shoes! : )

I hope you have fabulous weekend and I will see you Monday! -Ryn

No comments: