September 9, 2013

Style Fyle: Basically classic

Style Fyle: midi dress

I have noticed lately, that I need to posh up my wardrobe. I find it slightly hard to find thing to wear when going out. And seem to be wearing the same things. I want to revamp my closet. 
It doesn't help with weather in 100's. but come fall I will be getting some basic pieces to wear. 

All of these pieces are basics, and yet they all make such a great outfit. Functional yet exquisite. It's edgy, classic & simple.

This will be perfect for fall and possibly for a mild winter day. 

For a day look, I paired a pair of converse high tops with the entire look, and I may not put the necklace with the day look. 

But for night, I would totally put the heels on and the necklace, and possibly change the leather jacket to a smart blazer. But you wouldn't have to. 

Keep the jewels relatively simple. Use some lipstick to brighten up the look! : ) You know me, I will always suggest a playful lip. : )

So if you are like me, then you may want or need to redo your wardrobe. Don't freak out if you don't like shopping, it no biggie, really! I'm finding myself really liking h&m, you can find neutrals & monochromatic things there, and they are inexpensively priced too! So that may be one of the best places to look for pieces. Also gap is another choice to find classic pieces. They won't have a drapey dress like that, but they may have a nice French terry cowl neck dress. You'll just have to play one weekend & totally go into some stores. 

Some helpful hints to shop for basics: 
-Set a budget.
-Go for neutrals.
-Pick 2 trends to try.
-This is just me, but I like to buy genuine leather shoes & purses. It wears so much better than faux leather. But for trends, I don't mind buying fake leather, because I know these trends won't last long.
-If you don't have any lip colors to brighten up your face, go for a red or pink & later on branch out to other colors. MAC & NYX are two of my favorites.
-Pack a snack. If you don't want to stop for lunch, put trail mix or a protein bar in your bag.
-Use a cross body bag. I myself, getting tired lugging around a satchel sometimes. 
-Keep hydrating yourself. Whether it be water or coffee. Keep in hand. 
-Make a list of things you would like to try. Try not to stray away from them too much. If you do, your budget will suffer.
-try things on. It will help.
-bring a friend.
-or hire me

Hope this helps!!! -Ryn

P.s. question for you, if you're reading this and have been or living in NYC, could you give me any suggestions of areas, restaurants or shopping I need to go to while I'm there?! I need all of the answers I can get! 
Thanks y'all!


No comments: