April 15, 2013

Styled: Therese

So, about a 2 months ago, I styled this wonderful woman. She wanted a new perspective on the way she could dress. A type of youthfulness, really. Her only two requirements were that I couldn't style her like Madonna or lady gaga. And that was totally fine by me! Her style was and still is conservative. I never want to change her style status, but i do want to switch it up, updated, youthful and let her style reflect all the good things going on in her life! So when I went into her closet and started pulling outfits together I received a lot of "I would never have put THAT together!". If I hear those words I know I'm doing a my job! So yes, I still kept her true style of conservative there, but I added a splash of fun and youthfulness to her wardrobe. Just by pairing things, that 1. Are a bit out of her comfort zone and 2. That are not necessarily matching, took her wardrobe and herself to whole other level.
So each time I style someone, I take pictures of the outfits we come up with, it's always nice to have a visual. To see and say "oh this really does look good" or "I never would have put that together but I can see it works." By putting yourself in those outfits and taking pictures you have visual of how it really looks on you and you have reference of outfits you can duplicate again or switch it and put some creativity out there. It's your choice what you do! 😃


I think these rules are good for any age! Don't just think this is for older gals, younger gals need the same set of rules too!

It's totally acceptable to mix things up without the worry of looking like your daughter or a teenager for that matter when you are 40+.

Be sure to find things that fit. Try not to do low cut things, and if you do, wear a cami underneath.

Slits on skirts are not forbidden, but be mindful of where they hit you. If they hit you inches away from your hiney cheeks, it's not a good look.

It's acceptable to have nice fitting clothes without look like your clothes were painted on or you look like you have a sausage casing on. So be mindful of having clothes skim your body rather than the 2 ideas up top, when trying things on.

Be aware what size you really are and own it! Don't be ashamed or anything like that! You are beautiful at any size. Just be a healthy you.

If you don't want to look like a teenager, stop buying things in the junior section. 1. It's not always a good way to go. 2. It's on the cheaper side of clothes. It's not good quality. It'll only last you a couple of season and the poof you get a hole in it. If you're only shopping there to on-trend prices for on the cheap than I say ok, but if you're shopping there for staples, I suggest you go other stores to find those great pieces. And the size in juniors is always messed up! It's odd numbers and you're instead going to be a 2 normal sizing but a 3 in juniors...

If you find yourself in the junior section, who do you see around you? Do you see people your age or do you see teens & Tweens shopping beside you?

Mini skirts aren't a great look on anyone, unless done right. I think the mid thigh is the highest hemline that you should approach in your style. Any higher and you could look a bit hoochie...

The whole jeans and stilettos thing is so overrated. You can still wear jeans with a great wedge, or peep toes, but the stilettos and jeans thing, that should be left in back burner, because so many women destroy that look. They seem to think that if you have nice shoes, and you pair it with casual pieces then you automatically look dressier when pairing those heels with that casual top and jeans. There is a time and place and a knowledge to style them with things.

I'm sure I'll post more style tips again!
I hope you're enjoying all of these reads! Please let me hear feedback from you! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

XOX -Ryn



























No comments: