April 3, 2013

Tips & tricks: Thrifting

Some tips and tricks when Thrifting:

1. Avoid the bathroom at all times! I'm sorry but when you walk into a thrift store and it already smells, I can't imagine how good the bathrooms could be! I try and go somewhere beforehand or after. NEVER do I go at the thrift store.

2. If you carry a nice purse with you, aka a coach or an LV , You probably shouldn't, before you leave home, switch out your purse, so it's not obvious that you have money to spend! I haven't had this happen to me, but 1. Patrons that are shopping like you will look at your purse like a piece of meat... or the employees will jack up the prices of the things you want to buy! So, just switch out your purse! It helps!

3. Always carry a bottle of hand sanitizer with you. Because it's just handy & useful, I never leave the house with out it! Or if I do, I stop at the store & buy one.

4. If trying on shoes, wear socks until you can disinfect them!
 Kinda like the airport security, my feet will not touch the airport floor without socks! I don't know what nasty feet have touched those shoes! And ain't nobody got time for that!

5. Keep yourself satiated. Go out to eat or have a energy bar in hand! Or chocolate works too! also coffee, water, smoothie, anything is better than nothing! We don't want you do be hangry when thrifting! Doesn't call for a good thrifting experience!

6. Never be ashamed to ask for a discount! It always helps!

7. Take a friend! The judgement helps! and the company is usually enjoyable! unless they are perpetual Debbie Downers!

8. If you intend to try on pants, please wear underwear! I was shopping with a friend once, and she informed be she doesn't underwear with jeans, so that day she was trying on pants from the thrift store, I was definitely repulsed by that! I for one, do not want my down south to touch anything that I know hasn't been properly washed by me, in my washer! Ain't going there!

9. Wear a bra, if trying on tops & dresses, you won't get an accurate fit, if you do not have a foundation for it!

10. Have fun! It's an enjoyable sport! You can find incredible things when you actually take the time and look! 😊

If I think of anything else I 'll be sure to keep you posted! ; ) -Ryn

No comments: