April 12, 2013

DIY Friday: Polka dotted jeans


So I adore these jeans! They are sooo cute! Unfortunately I haven't made them yet, I just saw them on someone on instagram who I follow... But I'm thinking I will in the few weeks! (and yes I will post pictures!)

I'm not one to post a diy on here without testing it first, but it's been kinda busy!

Disclaimer: Polka-dots will not make you look wider on you lower half, that's just your imagination. If you style these right, you're as good as gold!
And by adding polka dots to Mom jeans will not improve or update them. You should give those suckers away! Nobody should still be wearing them. They don't flatter any figure!





(Photo Credit: @LovelybyLucy on instagram)

See! Aren't these the cutest!?

My recommendation, is to use boyfriend jeans or skinny jeans for this project.
and I also think you could use any wash. either way you are going to wind up with really cute jeans! Like Madewell1937 Cute!


So what you'll need:
Jeans: Boyfriend or skinny
Bleach Pen
Paper plate
A stamper foam brush
Latex gloves

I would a test first on a scrap of fabric first...
(Use gloves when using bleach)
1.Wash and dry the jeans, then slip a piece of waxed paper inside it to prevent bleed-through.
2.First I would go ahead and put trash bags on the surface wear you'll be bleaching, Maybe outside...
3.Lay your jeans out flat.
4. Squeeze out some bleach gel on the paper plate, load up you foam stamper and lightly stamp on you pair of jeans all over. You don't want to stamp too hard, then you will not get an accurate circle. the bleach may still bleed a bit, just warn you.
5.Let dry and flip to the other side.
And repeat.
6.wash your jeans. iron & roll 'em up. and enjoy!


So excited to try this! I have the perfect pair in mind too! : )
Let me know when you try this!

Love ya, Ryn


No comments: