April 26, 2013

DIY Friday: Scalloped Shorts

I probably got this idea from Pinterest about a year ago. And I think it's so adorable! But you can totally rough up the sweet looking shorts with black or grey... It can ground the outfit for ya, add a blazer, tank & wedges (try all one color, like black, besides the shorts) or a holey t-shirt and throw on some converse... Or you can prep it up or even make it more girly! ooh or pair it with chambray with converse or ballet flats from madewell or J.crew...  The outfit is up to you, that's the great thing!

You can take some older pants you don't wear anymore or some old shorts you have hiding in your closet and transform them!

What you'll need:
Juice glass or Dixie cup
Scissors
Pencil
Pants




1. Lay out you pants, you should probably iron them, like I didn't... Just to get an accurate length.

2. Lay the legs together, make them even and as flat as possible.

3.Smooth it out, one more time & Cut them.

4. Make sure they are even by laying them out. If they aren't, trim them up.



5. Put your juice glass on the edge of the "now" shorts. and start tracing with the pencil.
6. Still keep tracing and connecting the swoops.




7.See? They're shaping up.
8. Trim where the outlines are.





8. Ta-da!!!!!!! They're done! Now if you don't like the fraying look, you can buy fray check at your local craft store and place the liquid on a q-tip and smear it on each scallop.  And viola! It's complete! And ready to be worn this summer! :)
 
Ready, set, DIY!!! Xoxo- Ryn
 
P.s. I will not be showing you how the shorts look on me, only because I'm very white and I haven't shaved my legs! So you can't see it yet! : )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so cute! I have gotta try it! Thank you for keeping all of us 'in style'!

Ryn B. said...

Thanks Sheila! Let me know how it turns out! And you're welcome! no problem! : ) -Ryn