December 11, 2012

Day 11: Ryn Bray - The Cozy Comforts of Christmas....



Hi Lovies, I am the girl behind the blog... I am also a wardrobe stylist by day & a Jewelry designer by night... and vice verse... Depending on the day! ; )
I hope you are enjoying this blog & I pray that it inspires you to be fashionable and feel beautiful. Because you are. You.Are.One.Of.A.Kind... So strut, your beautiful self!
 
I am a homebody. I love being at home. I make my spaces cozy and warm around me... I add beautiful things around I enjoy being in comfy clothes. One of the first things I like to do when I get home from a busy day, is to put comfortable/cozy clothes on... I love love love the thought of be cozy... (especially in winter) But I especially like looking comfy cozy on Christmas day!(and on my birthday, but that's for another time.) For one thing, I know there will be picture taking and people that don't live with me on a daily basis. ; ) So I want to look my best & Presentation is key.  
So I usually, the night before (Christmas eve) Go to a candlelight service at my church (DFW New Beginnings). Then come home & start wrapping presents, then I usually get a shower in and then I try to hit the sack... Doesn't always work, But I do try! : ) But days in advance I have picked out my outfit... I guess I am a Lil bit OCD... Because I pick everything down to my underwear (aerie.com) and my Christmas socks... I even put make-up on in the am too. Only tinted moisturizer, concealer, lip balm, eyeliner & mascara... A light face... Because I pretty much much have the schedule down to a science... Wake-up, get ready & dressed, breakfast, Christmas story, & presents... also I like something that is versatile all day, so I am not wearing my pajamas around all day... I like the laid back vibe, But I also like to feel like I walked out of an anthro catalog (even without buying everything from there)  Also with the possibility to have a casual day, to have a day to read a book, spend time with family, snuggle with loved ones... and have peace around you. When you can look at the world and your life and say "ahhh, this is the life!"
 
(my outfit will consist of: Wide-leg woven pants, a striped shirt, socks, a cardigan, a headband, light makeup... and cute underwear ; ) )
 
It's easy to look comfy cozy for Christmas with a few easy steps.
 
1. Grab a striped or graphic tee or a woven shirt that is roomy...





 


                                                         2. Wear a cozy sweater or sweatshirt:



Madewell

                               3. Leggings,  straight leg or wide-leg pants are in your best intrest.

                                  4. Robes are great, but I tend to wear a sweater instead of a robe...

                                                                     Anthropologie



                                               5. grab some house slippers or ugg type boots

 
 

   6. Put your hair up in a top knot or ponytail. but let it be a bit messy, don't be a true perfectionist....

                                                          All hair how-tos Via:Pinterest

                                                        7. Make -up. Put a light face on...


All Face Pictures Via: Pinterest
 

8. Also as an added bonus, I like to have my nails polished... It looks fun when opening presents. Red or taupe with glitter tips are a nice festive touch : )



All nail pictures Via: Pinterest



9. If you are not into the pants and shirt thing a great alternative is a chemise, leggings and a sweater : )



                               And 10. a glitzy touch would be a headband like one of these:

Anthropologie: HERE
 
And Remember, Have fun. Rest. Light some lovely scented candles. grab a book and blanket and breathe after all of the festivities are over.  : )
 
Merry Christmas!!!!
Love & Cozy Wishes to you and yours : ) - Ryn 
 
Let me see what you end up wearing : ) I'd love to see! Post pics on here or on the Styledbyryn facebook page...
 

 

 


 

No comments: