December 4, 2012

Day 4: HannahBeth Folden - A Warm Winter Welcome



Hi, I'm HannahBeth,
I enjoy decorating, love people, and am southern to the core. My roots are planted deep in North Louisiana, but my heart is in Fort Worth, Texas. Since my big move to the Lonestar Star state, I have become quite the weekend hostess for my dear friends and family. Make no mistake, rooted deep in the heart of every southern woman is a sense of hospitality. As much as I wish I could lavishly spend on these guests, my budget does not always allow for big spending. If you expect guests this holiday season, here are a few simple and inexpensive tips for opening your home.

Mi Casa es Su Casa.
My number one priority with guests is to provide a peaceful environment during their stay. Blankets draped in the living room nonverbally invite guests to make themselves at home and take a load off in the living room. Guests need to feel welcome in the whole house, not just the guest room.





Stock the Guest Room.
A simple snack can include a bottle of water and Kind Bar set in the guest room. Often your guests are in-and-out all weekend, and let’s be honest, who doesn’t snack on trips.

Set out an IPhone Charger.
Almost everyone runs off of an iphone these days. Set out an extra charger and alleviate the hassle of digging to the bottom of thr suitcase.

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall.
A mirror implies a “hotel suite” and allows guests to their own personal space to prep for the day. If you don’t have a mirror, try a thrift store and finish with a fresh coat of paint.




Provide Closet Space, Hangers, and Iron:
When guests arrive, give a quick tour of your home and take the opportunity to offer closet space. At some point during your guest’s stay, show them where the iron is located so they can make themselves at home in the mornings.

Make Breakfast.
This is one of the BEST tips I can offer, so take notes ladies. A thoughtful breakfast can transform your humble abode to feeling like a weekend escape.
Trust me.
Prep a simple quiche the night before, or if you are running low on time, splurge on muffins at the bakery. This allows your guest to enjoy their morning, enjoy your company longer, and save money.


Splurge on Gourmet Coffee.
It’s another small price to pay for a blissful stay. I buy a bag of Southern Pecan coffee beans and brew a fresh pot before my guests wake each morning. Guests then take home any leftover beans, and in true southern fashion, no one leaves empty-handed.



 
                                                           (All pictures Via: Pinterest)


I hope these tips make your guests feel right at home. May your time with your loved ones be filled with the Love of God this season.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and much Love,
                                                                           Hannahbeth

No comments: