December 7, 2012

Day 7 : Ryn Bray - These are a few of my favorite things....

Hi there, Ryn B here... I am the person behind StyledByRyn.com. My professions  are wardrobe styling & jewelry making. My Passions are to help women feel beautiful about themselves, to enjoy life, to go shopping, to have coffee, to be with friends, to give, to always be a better daughter, friend, sister, granddaughter & Christ follower. : )



My favorite things...

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

[Repeat all verses]
So these lyrics are from a movie, by the name of The Sound of Music... I love this movie for so many reasons, but these lyrics seemed only fitting for this post, time & season! : )



Christmas is a time of giving! I love to give! my friends & family can vouch for that! I have already finished my shopping (which is unheard of, But totally worth it!) Okay, well I still have gift for my friends, but I can so do that in a short time... Once I figure out what to buy ; / But the hard part is not telling those who I bought presents for what I'm getting them! I think my favorite thing on Christmas Morning is watching their faces as they open their gifts from me... I love that almost as much as watching the groom's face when the bride walks down the aisle... But it is a magical moment then, and when I replay it back in my head.. Such a wonderful feeling : )

I can only imagine, what The Lord was feeling when he saw the wise men, sheep herders, Joseph & Mary stare in awe of such a gift, that the Lord bestowed upon their hearts and the hearts to come! It was the ultimate AWE moment! And such a gift to give! No one can out do that gift! ; ) I don't think anyone would want to!



These are great for gifts or to be added to your own Christmas List : )

Here is my list:

Downton Abbey Series:
Oh my gosh, can't say I have ever been addicted to a TV series, quite like this! It's sooo good! One of the reasons I love it, is the costuming! Omgosh, So gorgeous!!! I want a relationship like Mr.Bates & Anna, and Lady Mary & Sir Matthew... So good I tell you, so good! I recommend it 110%! (I'll let  you in on a secret, I want to speak in a British accent after watching! hah!) The third season comes out on Jan.6th 2013 on PBS... I would say, you should check out and watch the first two seasons before it, so that you are caught up and not wondering what is happening.
Hulu: HERE & PBS: HERE



Mac Lipstick:
My favorite go-to brand for lipstick! I have always been fond of lipstick ever since childhood. But I do have about 10-15+ tubes of their lipstick! I adore my lips when My eye makeup is simple & my lips are the focal point. : ) Go to the Mac store or a Mac counter... They can help you! : ) My new ones that I want ever so badly: Shanghai spice & rebel...
(spoiler alert: I hate their Lipglass, blech! It's too sticky/tacky in my book, and when in wind and your hair is down, it's the worst!
MAC: HERE

Oldnavy Rockstar jeans:
Some of the BEST JEANS Ever! I have 4 Pair of them! They hold their shape, they have 19% Elastic/spandex and SUPER Comfortable!  I wear mine all of the time (in black)! They now have polka-dots & animal print ones! : )

 


(You can buy them: HERE)


My favorite earrings ever. Maude C. has the best earrings! I wear mine ALL of the time... I've pretty much given up on other earrings. : ) They go with any outfit, They are light weight, And they're so stylish! And they're Leather! My Fave!


(You can buy these HERE)



My favorite rug. I bought this for my studio! It's perfect for my space. It looks like a huge cable knit throw. So unique! I love it!
West elm: HERE




The cutest tunic ever! I just bought this as a Christmas gift for myself ; ) in white! So cute! I've admired since this past march! So I bought it! Yippee! Haven't worn it yet... : /

Anthropologie: Here


What I want for Christmas, is this iPad case! How cute is this?! It's adorable right? I mean walking around with what looks like a book, buuut... Babam! It's an iPad! Hahaha! it's so quirky, it's cute!
Uncommon Goods: HERE


Scarves! I love scarves...probably as much as Hilliary Duff! She's always wearing one! But I do. I really do! They are so compatible with almost any outfit!
 


 

These are some really cute ones: HERE & HERE



This Ring... SOOO so cute! I love the point so unique! I would wear this everyday for sure! : )

Find it: HERE

Another item I added on my Christmas list: Ray-ban sunglasses... Mmm I love me some Ray-Bans!
Nordstrom: HERE



I received a headband like this one, as an early Christmas gift... and I absolutely love it! I can wear it with so much! Just to add a special touch to any outfit!
Anthropologie: HERE

Such a cute pair of shoes that you can actually wear and walk in without looking like a duck!
and in such a fab color too! Gold!!!!
Anthropologie: HERE
 
WarbyParker Glasses. I have seen these on so many blogs and sites, and friends of mine have them. They are so cute! a retro chic aspect. I'm most likely going to order mine in January. a start to a whole new year... With reading glasses...
But on Warby Parker, they have perscription glasses for $95... Can we say bargain? and for just five days, you can borrow five pair for free! (you'll still need to give them your credit card for sucurity purposes)
 

Warby Parker: HERE
 
 
A friend of mine has this book. When I first say it I fell in love with it. I loved the look of it, the thought of it & Lady who wrote it! If you want to develop or deepen your prayer life with God. This book will help you do so! She is so anointed! I can't wait to order this book, so excited!
 Lynne Hammond - Devotions for the praying heart: Prayer notes 'Limited addition"
 
 
 
Lynne Hammond: HERE
 
I love the Carol Burnett Show! I used to watch the re-runs as a kid! Carol Burnett is like the Kristen Wiig of the 1970's-1980's... She hiliarious! This was like SNL that was clean... And when Bob Mackey designed her clothes/costumes : ) What an awesome Christmas gift that would be! : )

                                                                      Find it: HERE

Who doesn't like Magazine subscriptions?! I really like People Stylewatch, Instyle & Lucky! Those are the best for Fashion & fashion related articles.(plus they have really cute outfits to copy! These magazines focus on fashion & only Fashion!
 



                                                                     Find them: HERE
(P.S. If you sign up for Ebates.com, You receive cash back through websites you order from, and this website is averaging to 26% of your entire order and the keep tabs on the orders you make and two times a year they send you a big fat check : ) Use me as a referral: Maudecclothing@gmail.com , Please & thank you! )

I absolutly love this Eyeshadow! It's my favorite!!! I can just wear a simple eye, apply grce eyeshadow, some eyeliner, and tons of mascara and be done with it! It's such a preety color! It has such a shimmer to it that is so worth it to wear! Try it out, you will not regret it! It's the perfect everyday color : )

  Bare Escentuals grace eyeshadow: HERE

 
 Also, Here is an amazing website that I am connected with, you should check it out & connect with girls all over the world: Global Girls If you need prayer, please don't hesitate to ask!
 
This is the season of giving..
If you don't have Jesus in your heart, I encourage you to make a home in your heart just for Him. You won't regret it! He will give the most amazing love you have ever experienced in your lifetime! and for those of you, that have strayed... Go back to Him. He loves you a great deal.
 
Love to all of you and your loved ones on this very special season! : )
-Ryn


No comments: