December 14, 2012

Day 14: Louise Falzon - Dressed for Christmas

Louise Falzon is the creator of A Pot Of Tea Under A Tree & Under A Tree Clothing Exchange.
A Pot Of Tea Under A Tree is a bespoke, innovative and sustainable fashion label. Each piece of clothing is made to order using only the finest, eco luxe fabrics available.
Under A Tree Clothing Exchange is a twice yearly event where women can swap their clothes while supporting a charity.



I've so enjoyed reading Lauryn's beautiful blog this month - lots of gorgeous ideas!
As I begin to write a brief Christmas comment, it comes to mind that my Christmas in Australia is quite different to that of the northern hemisphere.

I've always dreamt of a white Christmas, with sleigh bells, hot chocolate, snow and scarves. I've been blessed to have my dream come true twice in my life, firstly in Germany and then in Canada. The thing is, in my wintery Christmases, I found myself missing the hot summer. I missed the smell of sunscreen, and the fragrance of rain after a steamy afternoon. I missed eating Christmas fruits like mangos and peaches.

I remember being a little girl, and going to all the beautiful Christmas celebrations in a gorgeous Christmas dress lovingly made by my Grandmother. The dress would be sewn from Christmas printed fabric with sweet frills (not too many) and bells attached on red and green ribbons. I felt like a Christmas princess.

Speaking of my Grandmother and her beautifully crafted clothing always directs me to my love for clothing and the romance of fashion.
I truly believe that a dress is one of the most romantic items you'll ever own. Memories are created in dresses!

I remember the dress I was wearing when I had my first kiss - a vintage maxi dress with a cute print.
I remember the dress I wore to my first grown up new years eve party - a gorgeous chiffon floral with a 1920's cut my mother wore when she was a teenager.
I remember the dress I was wearing the night I met my husband - a 1960's inspired number with a favourite cardi (it was June in Queensland and cold).

These dresses will stay in my wardrobe as evidence of a beautiful life lived.
This Christmas, wear your favourite dress with the expectation to create a beautiful memory.

This photo was taken on my honeymoon - I call this dress my water colour dress, it was inspired by the 1920's cut my mother wore when she was a teenager.






No comments: