December 24, 2012

Day 24: Karyn Bray - Gratitude.

BIO
I am a woman who loves to laugh. I am a Messianic Jew.
I am Ryn's mother, Heathernycole's mom, Dyanna's mom, Cara's 2nd mom and Steve's wife.
I have survived the babies, the toddlers , the tweens, teens and young women age, with a lot of laughter and with all of my hair. I am a mother of four beautiful, talented, creative,

Godly women. I have three absolutely wonderful grandsons. One is adorable and young yet, the other two are amazing and they joined us this summer and I will be blessed next

summer with another grandchild.(I would say granddaughter, but we don't know yet).
I have taken and given classes on digitizing for years...I am quite talented at it and I love to do it. I am an avid reader... I really enjoy Hallmark movies(especially this time of year).

I have gone as far in college as possible with out more degrees in other subjects. I have studied natural health for years and am always studying and growing in this area. I am

earth mother to the world... I just heard that term and love it. I have been called 'mom' by more people than I could have possibly ever birthed.



GRATITUDE-The quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
Synonyms; gratefulness-thankfulness-thanks-appreciation
THANKFUL-Pleased and relieved;conscious of benefit received

This season, in particular, causes me to reflect on how thankful I am. Our family has been so very blessed...we have weathered storms but always have come out on top. The Blessing of God has moved us...moved us to victory every time.
I have learned, over the years, to be truly thankful, in every situation. This year I have come across many people whose lives are much more of a struggle than ours. That has put several things in perspective for me. Someone once told me that there would always be those with greater wealth and those with lesser wealth... define wealth. What is that old saying-- I was complaining about my shoes until I met a man with no feet...once again, perspective.
I used to see us/myself as the people in line for a miracle but I heard a teaching and it totally changed my perspective and my life. Jerry Savelle taught about the man with the pitcher in his hand and how to view yourself as the one with the pitcher. That changed me. Since then, I look for opportunities to be a blessing. Each year, God has given opportunities to me and my family to reach out and help, touch, contact and interact with needs... and each year grows better and better. My life is touched as I give and as I am thankful for the opportunities that come our way. I want to be the one with the pitcher.

I have learned, also, to be thankful, even when things aren't going well. Jer. 29:11 says that my Father knows the thoughts that He thinks toward me...thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give me a future and a hope. He gives me a future and a hope!!!!!!!! How awesome is that???? I know my Father...I know He wants only good for me and mine...and you and yours. He is that good!!!! Find some basic truths in your life on which you can make your foundation. Always go back to that foundation when life acts up. It doesn't matter how basic the foundation...it is a foundation and will see you through. Several times in my life I have had to go back to the very basics of my life and dwell on those...meditating on the very primary beliefs of my heart. As I have intensely thought on those truths, I am able to ultimately build on those and then build back up.

I am so thankful for the life that God has given me: my amazing children that I can call friends. I have seen this amazing creativity pour out of them...they are so talented and giving. I see God work through my girls in such awesome ways...such talent, such gifts. Two of my girls married this year... fun, new lives! I am thankful for their wonderful men...good, Godly men, men able to stand and believe!!! Iprayed for these guys for years...I am so grateful that God answers prayer...I see those answers! I have a wonderful husband...a good man. I have seen God developing things in him this year...some of which I have waited for years. He is seeing new life and new desires in his heart...it's exciting to watch.
In every area develop a grateful heart...know that there are good things for you. Receive God as your Father, run to Him, let Him Bless you and touch your heart. He only has good for you and not evil.


I pray for each and every one of you reading this...that you, too, can find the things in your life to be thankful for. I know where everything that has blessed me come from. I pray you discover, know and appreciate all the wonder in your lives...not just this season but the entire year. Things to be thankful for: health, friends, wealth, shelter, abilities, children, work, ..................................possibilities. I believe you will have Wonderful Possibilites this year and you will have a hope and a wonderful future!!!!!

God Bless!
- Karyn aka Momma Bray


No comments: