October 11, 2013

DIY Friday: lip scrub

I love how soft my lips feel & look when I use a lip scrub. I've wanted to try the Fresh lip scrub, but I know they add things that I don't really want on my lips... Like preservatives, chemicals, etc! But this way I know what's going in the scrub and on my lips! Plus, this is budget & wallet friendly! Where as the Fresh scrub is $24 for a small pot... Ouch! 

Here is what you'll need:
-Organic sugar
-Coconut oil (in the winter time it will turn into a solid mass, but you can still use it!)
-Essential oil (I used peppermint, but you can use any scent.)

Put the sugar into the bowl, I used about 1/4 cup. But you can use more if you'd like.
Then add about 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. If it is solid, I would heat it before adding it to the sugar.
Stir it and see if it's the right consistency, if not you'll want to add a touch more of sugar. 
Then add the essential oil of your choice. I added 3 drops, I would say you can add up to 5 drops if you would like.
Then stir it all up! And you now have an awesome lip scrub! That costed maybe $3, if that!  

Perfect for using before applying matte or highly pigmented lipsticks. Also this great for gifts for Christmas, birthdays, or hostess gifts! 

How to apply the lip scrub:
1. Put a dime size of scrub on your forefinger & middle finger. 
2. Place it on you lips and swirl/scruff off the dead skin. Open your mouth and stretch your lips, to get between the wrinkles in your lips.
3. Then use a wash cloth to remove the excess sugar and dead skin. 
4. Apply your lipstick! 

Remember, this scrub will actually plump your lips! And drinking enough water will too! 
Hope you try this & happy Friday! -Ryn

No comments: