October 10, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Laughter

Im so thankful for laughter! Laughter truly is the best medicine! Laughter sets a tone. An inviting one to boot!

It's usually spurred on my something that was funny. But you always seem to laugh when something's funny.  Or when someone gets hurt. Them getting hurt isn't funny, but the way they fell, ran into a door, etc.. The execution, more like! 

One thing my parents taught us was to laugh! We were a house of laughter growing up. I'm so grateful for it. Just the other day, I laughed so hard I cried! I haven't done that in year! 

Don't you remember bazooka gum? They always had jokes on wrappers. We need to laugh. We are creatures of laughter! With everything going on in the world. We just gotta be able to distress ourselves with laughter!

But did you know joy is behind laughter? You can't laugh without joy. 
I have a friend name Joy Lee, and her parents never gave her a middle name, so my sister & Brother-in-law dubbed her middle name as full. Joy-ful-lee. 
I always smile when I hear it or intentionally remember it! 

If not for anything else, be joyful this week and have a laugh! -Ryn


No comments: