October 9, 2013

Soul searcher and style find: favor & shoes!

Last week was such an amazing week! I have two stories that, I hope will encourage you! And I hope you know that I'm genuine about my faith & God. I'm not a hoity toity twerp that isn't. I'm real. But I will say this, favor is chasing me down and overtaking me & I'm all about having faith! I'm a faith cougar, when I see a need for someone or even myself, I pounce. I latch my faith onto theirs and we watch it come to pass! 

So here goes! 
The first one: Last Wednesday, I was running errands that day, so when I was getting ready, my mom came in, in a panic, her iPad was frozen after she just downloaded the new download to help with bugs & such, ios 7.02...Whatever it is! And you & I know that isn't good! We tried everything possible! We tried plugging it in, shutting it down... Everything! The one thing she didn't want to lose, were her pictures. She did NOT want to lose the pictures. And she knew she needed to back up her ipad last week too, but never got the chance! She tried googling it and all they said was to take it to the Apple store. So after dealing with an apple "genius" on the phone... What a joy! (Sarcasm) we finally went to the store itself. On the drive there and even before we left the house, I asked her if she had prayed over it. She said to me, "if you have faith for it, then you do it!". So what did I do, I prayed & believed God for restoring her iPad. 

When we arrived, We talked to front man of the store, he then directed us to the guy that was taking reservations, and told us she would lose her pics (not a very nice man if you ask me, but you didn't so never mind). Then he directed us to a table to stand by & wait, it would a 1hr 45min wait. Then a few minutes passed and another man walked up and we told him the predicament and he said she would lose everything! Even her pics! She started crying of course. She told me I could go to anthropologie right next door, that she would be fine. So as I'm browsing & pursuing the lovely things in anthro. She comes up to me, bursts into tears and tells me that when they rebooted the iPad, it didn't erase any of her pictures, contacts,etc! Praise God! The guy who helped her was kinda in shock, because he's NEVER seen that happen before. He's only heard about it happening once before.

I believe, that if I hadn't of prayed for it. She would have lost everything. Prayer works! And The Lord loves me! 

Two scriptures (MSG translation) come to mind: 
Faith moves mountains.Matthew 21:21-22
Two or more gathered. Matthew 18:18-20


2nd story:
On Friday, we were going to go to Terri savelle Foy's women's conference that night. So we just planned to piddle paddle through Fort Worth until it started. So mom wanted to go to coldwater creek for something & I was just going to go with her, well she persuaded me into going to Madewell. And so I went it... I did get to see my friend Mary(who works there) and tell her about Funkyfinds(yay!) I then found myself in the sale area, picking up some shoes I have been eyeing for MONTHS! Well I saw one box that said it was a size 8 and they were $39.99, but then what I thought said, was the color black(which turned into actually being the burnt sienna I wanted! Because I didn't actually read the box! Haha!) was $69.99. I asked a different girl about it and she said no, it was just mismarked. But I was insistent about it and showed her the box. Same color, same shoe, different size. So she went and asked her manager and she came back, and said I was actually right! I bought the shoes, right then & there. And I also bought some leather sandals too! I had been wanting some great quality leather sandals. But I never found any that I liked. But my roommate at the time, Holly(hey girl!), bought some for full price and and they were super cute! 
So I found the exact same ones, but in my size for $20.00. But that's not all, I didn't actually pay $60+tax for them. No, I received 30% all sale items! You do the math! Glory! 
So now, I have a great pair of sandals for next summer & the flats I've been wanting for awhile to add a bit of punch to my outfits! Only more blessings & favor to come! I was super happy that day & I still am! 


{Here are the beauties}

The Lord totally gives you the desires of your heart. Psalm 20:4
Ask and you shall receive! John 16:23-24
(MSG translations)

Hope you have awesome day! -Ryn


No comments: