October 4, 2013

DIY Friday: a healthy snack



This snack is near & dear to my heart, when I was living in Kentucky, we used to drive up to Huber Farms in Indiana every fall and pick apples. but they didn't just have apples to pick, they had a petting zoo, a gift shop, ice cream parlor, cheese shop, wine shop, a restaurant, pumpkin picking, they even had a corn maze!

I loved going here. I dream about it still! And I got this healthy snack from their restaurant. Apples & cheese. That's all you need! It's a quick & simple snack post workout, before bed, after school, etc.

Gather what you need:
Apple (I like firm crisp apples, somewhat in the larger side)
Cheese (I used raw milk cheddar)
Cutting board
Knife

Take your cheese and slice it. 
And the cut your apple. 
Then place the slice of chees on the apple slice on a plate and take a bite! Yum right?! 

I also added Brookside chocolate covered almonds from Sam's Club.
And I placed everything on a MacKensie-Childs Courtly Check salad plate. 


Enjoy! -Ryn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, we used to live in southern Indiana and we visited Huber's so often... I especially loved going in the Fall!
Loving the apple and cheese snack idea, I must do this!

//Shae

Ryn B. said...

Aw no way! Our paths could've crossed at some point at Huber's! Yeah, this snack is super yummy!