October 28, 2013

Style Find: A Mirror

Ugh! Don't you wish you could go back in time and redo your outfit? Boy, do I! 

This weekend I was dog sitting for my sister, picked out my outfit beforehand and brought it with me to her house. I thought it was a cute outfit in my head, but I never checked in the mirror. My mistake not doing so! I wore the whole outfit feeling so uncomfortable! And I let it get the best of me. I was comparing myself to those around me and questioning things I shouldn't have been questioning! And then I got to thinking, and even though that wasn't my best outfit, doesn't mean I've never had one cute or even outfits to comet that will be cute! So we hit speed bumps through life. It's our choice to either stay down in defeat when something comes against us or we can get up and own it!
I guess I needed this lesson in life. I do know never to wear a belt with that outfit EVER again!  

Be yourself, but don't beat yourself up & always check your outfit in a mirror! 
And let the words of Coco Chanel ring in your ears from time to time. "When accessorizing, always take off the last thing you put on." -Coco Chanel

And those who saw me yesterday, I apologize for wearing that belt with that sweater! I know It wasn't my best look! I give you permission to tell me if you think something is off the next time you see me!

Have a happy week! -Ryn

No comments: