December 11, 2013

Advent No.11: It's a Shae-lebration!

Ryn, Here. I asked Shae from www.Hello-homebody.com  a few questions about fashion & Christmas time! Here are her answers:

1. What does Christmas mean to you?Christmas is all about spending time with family and celebrating the birth of our Savior!

2. What is your favorite thing about Christmas?Spending time with family around good food! I also love all of the shopping and decorating leading up to Christmas.

3. What is your day to day "uniform" for winter?
Working from home as a blogger, my style is definitely on the casual side. I love oversized, cozy tops over leggings.

4. What are your top 3 beauty/makeup essentials?
B.B. Cream (I’m currently using Garnier’s B.B. Cream)
Liquid Eyeliner (Maybelline’s Stilleto Ultimate Precision Liner)
Mascara (Covergirl’s Clump Crusher)

5. What is your favorite Holiday food dish?My family always has Hash Brown Casserole and Spinach Dip sometime around the Christmas. It’s really the only
time of the year that we enjoy those two dishes, so I always look forward to them!

6. What is your most favorite Christmas tradition?I just got married last year, so I’m enjoying making new traditions with my husband! My favorite is probably picking
out a tiny real tree every year, bringing it home and decorating it!

7. What are your Top 5 Christmas movies you like to watch?Elf, Miracle on 34th Street, White Christmas, It’s a Wonderful Life, and good Hallmark Christmas movies.

8. What gets you in the mood for the holidays?Drinking a Peppermint White Mocha from Starbucks while shopping through Target’s Christmas section!

9. Describe your worst fashion faux pas? 
See #3. I use every excuse that I can to wear (not always fashionable) comfortable clothing. I do try to make the
effort to look nice when I leave the house!

10. Name 3 items on your Christmas list?I don’t have a lot on my wishlist yet, I’m definitely wishing for Kitchenaid’s ice cream maker attachement. I’ve really
been wanting to experiment with homemade ice cream flavors!


11. What makes your home extra cozy for winter?
I love candles and think they give the perfect feel to a room. Also, hot drinks! From coffee, to hot chocolate, to
apple cider, I love having warm drinks at hand in the wintertime.


12. What are your top 3 things you've been eyeing this season. (Housewares, fashion, beauty, etc.)
I love the holiday eye shadow sets that M.A.C. comes out with every year! All three kits are perfect this year.
Each of Essie’s Winter 2013 nail colors are so pretty! If I didn’t already have so many nail polishes, I’d buy them all.I have been collecting mercury glass ornaments and Christmas trees, I have a hard time passing them up when
I see ones that I don’t have.

13. Name 3 things you are gifting others with?It’s a secret!

14. Do you like surprises or do you like to know what you're receiving? I’m not really a fan of surprises in general, but surprise gifts are a different thing... I love them!

15. What is/are your favorite store(s)? And why?
Anthropologie: I love their clothing, but I’m usually there to look at their kitchen and home goodies!
Target: I love their home decor line and the fact that they have so many stylish dresses and tops that are
so affordable.

16. Describe the perfect outfit?A cute belted dress with tights and lace-up wedge booties.

17. What is your favorite perfume/scent?It’s actually Ed Hardy for women! I’m not a fan of strong scents, this one is a light mixture of fruits and sweet vanilla.

18. Do you prefer to light candles or use battery operated candles? Which scented candles do you like at the moment?I love the real thing. Capri Blue’s Volcano scent is my favorite scent but Voluspa’s Santiago Huckleberry scent is
so perfect for winter!

19. Do prefer heels or flats? Any brands you like?I prefer flats . I LOVE riding boots is the winter. This year I purchased TOMS lace-up wedge booties, which I’d been
eyeing for quite a while, they’re my favorite right now!

20. Do you have any blogs you like to read?
My current favorites are: A Beautiful Mess, Joy the Baker, and Freutcake. These are definitely my go-to blogs for
inspiration!

21. What are your favorite Christmas tunes? Any albums that are on repeat this year?
I like a variety of Christmas music… this year I’ve been listening to She and Him, Hillsong, Michael Buble,
and Ben Rector.

22. Do you shop on etsy? If so, can you recommend 3 shops you like?   
I love shopping on Etsy, especially for home décor!
ABJglassworks (so many cute glass terrariums and display boxes)
HookaholicHandspun (I love chunky yarn for wrapping packages)
SpiralSage (every party supply you could ever want)

23. Do you like Pinterest? If so, what do you pin more of: Home, style or cooking?
I love Pinterest! Recipes are what I’m usually pinning, but I find lots of home and fashion ideas there too.


24. What is your signature color for nails/lips this season?I love deep berry and plum nails for the winter!

25. What is your favorite scripture?
John 14:27 "I am leaving you with a gift--peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world
cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid.


26. Do you prefer to give or to receive more?I love receiving gifts, but at Christmas time I most enjoy shopping and finding gifts for others!

27. Any charities you're giving to this year?
Compassion International. We sponsor a child throughout the year, but give a little extra at Christmastime. You
can sponsor a child, give a one-time gift, or purchase something from their gift catalog (which gives necessities
to people in need). http://www.compassion.com/catalog.htm

-Shae

I hope y'all enjoyed it! And will find inspiration out of her answers! whether it be baking, shopping for mercury glass ornaments or simply enjoying the season with a Starbucks white peppermint mocha!
Merry Christmas Shae! And thank you so much for writing for me! : )

Merry Christmas y'all! -Ryn

No comments: