December 8, 2013

Advent No.8: Shakin' hands with Sundee...

Seasons Greeting!  My name is Sundee Calhoun and I was delighted when Lauryn asked me to be a guest writer for her Advent Calendar Blog.  Hope you enjoy this read as much as I enjoyed writing it.
 
1.     hol·i·day
ˈhäliˌdā/
1.     noun
a day of festivity or recreation when no work is done.
"December 25 is an official public holiday"
synonyms:
 
I think it’s safe to say that we all have our own unique definition of what the Holidays mean to us.  I can’t help but to wanna dance around my apartment to Madonna’s ‘Holiday’ when I know this season is approaching.  I’ve listed a few things that came to mind this year when I thought about the upcoming HOLIDAYS.
 
Homemade crafts set this season into motion for me!  I’m such a fan of projects! So I pop on a Christmas movie and get to crafting.  All those magazines I’ve been hoarding just got repurposed. Oh and take a walk on the wild side and bring the outdoors in!  You’ll be glad you did.
 
 

 
Oxblood Nails, Oxblood LipStain, Oxblood Wintercoat.... All things oxblood is the color for me this holiday season!  I can’t get enough of this new and improved cranberry color! So the next time you’re out browsing-GO AHEAD-ask the sales associate “Where’s the oxblood?”  I promise she won’t look at you like you’re crazy. *No oxen were harmed in the making of these products.
 
Lights, lights, and more lights...Nothing says the holidays are here like the soft glow from your favorite holiday scented candle or the twinkle of lights on your beloved, and tastefully decorated, Christmas tree!  So go on and let your inner light shine too!


Indulge yourself.  And what I mean by that is, don’t give in to the hustle and bustle.  But instead - pack the car full of friends for a Christmas light viewing field trip, make homemade hot chocolate (extra chocolate please), take in a Christmas play, ice skating sounds nice… Ahhhhhh, just indulge yourself in holiday fun!
 
Do you hear what I hear? Yes that's the sound of the holidays.  Everywhere I go there’s Christmas music playing and I can’t help but to hum to the tunes. One of my favorites that I can’t wait to hear is ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’. My ears are extra happy this time of year!
 
Anytime is a good time to start a new holiday tradition. Two years ago I started my own tradition of sending out a “family” portrait of myself and my furry bundle of joy, Bella.  The best part? Choosing a theme!  This year’s theme is-Have Yourself A Gangsta Christmas.  All the recipients will get an eye full of gold, fur, grillz, and a chain (or maybe two J).
 
Yummy treats and drinks to fill our bellies!  Hot Cocoa, Apple Cider, Pecan Pie, Apple Pie, Stuffing, Turkey….   If you aren’t eating you must not be in the holiday spirit!  P.S. But be careful or your tummy might start rivaling that of good Ole St. Nick’s. Ho. Ho. Ho.

 
Surrounded by the people I love. Nothing brings people together like the Holidays.  I’m so thankful for my family and friends and for the LOVE we share.  This definitely sums up the Holidays for me!
 
‘Tis the season.
 
 
Sundee Calhoun
Event Coordinator
Kenneth Copeland Ministries
14355 Morris Dido Rd
Newark, TX 76071

No comments: