December 22, 2013

Advent No.22: Anna's ornaments

 
 
This girl, Anna, is amazing & I love her so much! She has a huge heart and she's beautiful inside & out! She's the oldest daughter of my pastors Larry & Tiz Huch and she herself with her musically talented husband have three adorable kiddos! She's so stylish and ever so sweet! I asked her just few question about her style and of Christmas! Yay! 
 
1. What does Christmas mean to you?
 
When I think about Christmas, I feel a profound sense of gratefulness. First and foremost, for the gift of Jesus. Godgave us His very best, so that through Jesus we would know the inexhaustible love of God. I’m also incredibly grateful for my family. I love making special memories with my three kids and my husband! Recently a friend posted about feeling the loss of loved ones for the first time this Christmas, and asked how we would arrange our holiday priorities if we knew that the next Christmas may well be without some of the people we love. That was a great reminder to me of what’s truly important during the holidays – sharing love and joy with everyone we can, not taking them for granted!
 
2. What is your day to day uniform for winter?
I definitely have a winter uniform! I’m a busy mom and my clothes need to be functional AND cute! At least a few days of the week (more!) I wear a variation of boots, leggings and sweater. A few years ago I was in Bend, Oregon and discovered Nikibiki leggings and camisoles at a cute little boutique. Their pieces are seamless knit, making them super comfy and they really last. Since then, I’ve found them at a local boutique and have several pairs of leggings in solids and cute prints. Can’t live withoutthem!
 
3. What are your Top 5 Christmas movies to watch?
As I’m writing this, I’m watching Polar Express with my kids, for probably the 5th time this month. It’s their favorite!Home Alone (KEVIN!!!), The Holiday, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, Elf.
 
4. What gets you in the mood for the holidays?
Christmas lights! One of the happiest days of the year for me is the day the lights go up on our house! It makes me grin like a loon to see them, every time! The other day my son remarked to my mom,” Nana, don’t you love the lights on the tree? They make me feel so…comfortable.” Ha! Exactly!
 
5. Describe your worst fashion faux pas.
Oh, there have been many. I have to admit though that most of my teenage years in Portland, Oregon were spent in Vamp lipstick and matching purple black hair! Pearl Jam and Nirvana, guys. What can I say? I don’t regret the Doc Martens, though!
 
6. Which do you prefer, velvet or corduroy?
Corduroy, for sure. I feel uncomfortable at just the thought of wearing velvet! Eek!
 
7. Name 3 items on your Christmas list.
1. The Nook GlowLight (already treated myself and I’m in love!)
2. Topshop Faux Leather Satchel (also treated myself to this, courtesy of my husband. I could have put in under the tree but who are we kiddin..?)
3. New slippers. Because I live in my Uggs at home and they’re Tore. Up.
 
 
8. Name three things your are gifting others with.
1. I ordered my husband a custom made wallet with guitar pick holder and his initials stamped into the leather. Thanks, Etsy!
2. A bright orange tote for my mom from Henry Bendel.
3. An Easy Bake Oven for my Sweet Pea!
 
9. Do you like surprises or do you like to know what you’re getting?
I love surprises! Having said that, I usually give my husband hints and he chooses from those hints! Live and learn.
 
10. What are your favorite stores and why?
1. Target is my favorite store. No apologies! Coffee creamer? Jacket? My Little Pony undies? Done.
2. Nordstrom, for all the obvious and timeless reasons. My heart, forever.
 
11. Describe the perfect outfit.
The perfect outfit just makes you feel confident, no matter the occasion. Sometimes the perfect outfit is yoga pants and a sweatshirt, sometimes it’s a pencil skirt and sparkly jacket. Anything that makes me feel self conscious or requires constant adjusteding..? No. Just no.
 
12. What is your favorite perfume/scent?
I went years without a specific fragrance. This year a friend gifted me Vanille & Narcisse by L’Occitane. Y’all, I am in LOVE. A text from me to her: So, I was out to dinner tonight and thought, whoa, Somebody smells Gooood. OH MY GOSH IT’S ME! I smell delish!!!”
 
13. Do you prefer heels or flats? Any brands you like?
Back to the winter uniform, I am fortunate to have a few pairs of flat Frye boots, they’re timeless. One is a knee high brown riding boot; the other a black motorcycle boot. Fingers crossed, I’ll be wearing them both til I’m grey!This fall I also  bought the Sam Edelman Louie bootie, which is very wearable with only a 2 ¼ inch heel.
 
 
14. Any charities you’re giving to this year?
Our church, DFW New Beginnings, has orphanages in Haiti and the Dominican Republic. We were blessed with the opportunity to sponsor Isaac, an 11 year old boy in Haiti. Two of our dear friends took him and many other children new clothes, shoes, toys, soccer balls and toiletries for Christmas. We are blessed to be a blessing!
 

Merry Christmas y'all! 

No comments: