December 4, 2013

Advent No.4: Ruth's Memories



 
Hello, my name is Ruth Yaroslaski and I live in Seattle with my husband Nate. We’ve been married for 2 ½ years and I can honestly say that I am a very lucky girl. We’re both photographers and together have created Yaro Photography. I love being married to someone who is also creative and who enjoys similar interests. This year will be our 3nd married Christmas together and been fun to start new little traditions of our own around the holidays.


Growing up my family never really had set traditions, but we had special little things. We would try to have pancakes with blueberry syrup, we would drive around looking at Christmas lights, and on Christmas Eve we would go to the candlelight service at our church.  My favorite “tradition” that I have tried to do every year (some years go better than others) is going to the Nutcracker ballet. My mom used to take my sister and I almost every year and it is my favorite ballet. I loved getting to dress up, and going to the theater to watch a beautiful ballet.  When the holiday season comes around those are the memories I am most found of.


Now that I am married, it has been fun to start little memories of our own. So far our “tradition” has been to pick an evening to have “our Christmas” since we spend the actual holiday with one of our families. We dress up and go out to a fun restaurant for dinner. Then we come back and exchange gifts with each other. We try to plan something different every year and its been fun to do that together.


I still enjoy doing the little things I did as a child when we go back to visit my family, but I think its important as a couple to start new things of our own together.
 
Hope You Have A Very Merry Christmas!
-Ruth



No comments: