December 15, 2013

Advent No.15: Ryn's Favorite things

Hey y'all! I hope you're having a fabulous time celebrating with friends & family this season! Here are a few of my favorites...

1. What does Christmas mean to you?
Christmas means to me, time to spend with loved ones. To look at Christmas lights, Go shopping in neatly Christmas decorated stores, Starbucks Peppermint Mocha's, giving gifts & celebrating our Savior's Birth!


2. What is your favorite thing about Christmas?
The weather! I was born in Kentucky, they have four seasons there. I love the snow & cold weather! also strung lights everywhere. My fave!
And my church's candlelight Christmas eve service. It's lovely. I love it!
Enjoying spending time with my friends and exchanging gifts with them too.


3. What is your day to day "uniform" for winter?
Layers. Comfy Cozy & chic layers. I have found myself wrapped in cashmere lately. skinny jeans & boots! I'm also loving beanies right now. slouchy ones.


4. What are your top 3 beauty/makeup essentials?
LIPSTICK! I adore lipstick! (Mac lipstick & Tarte Lipsurgence matte chubbies are my absolute favorites!)
Mascara (Smashbox)
Bronzer (Bare Escentials)


5. What is your favorite Holiday food dish?
Hmm, i do like green bean casserole! and those butter cookies you get in a tin box, my Nana loved those! and peppermint mochas of course!


6. What is/are your most favorite Christmas tradition?
Going to Neiman Marcus for luncheon.
And cozying up on the furniture under blankets with candles lit & kindle in hand!
Also waking up Christmas morning, having coffee, eating homemade fruitcake with breakfast and giving & opening gifts.

7. What are your Top 5 Christmas movies you like to watch?
1.) Elf
2.) Miracle on 34th street
3.) White Christmas
4.) Santa Clause (all three movies)
5.) Hallmark & Lifetime movies

8. What gets you in the mood for the holidays?
Shopping!, listening to christmas tunes And watching the thanksgiving parade!

9. Describe your worst fashion faux pas?
Awe guys, I have alot! even though i am a stylist, I've had a few faux pas! one that is instilled in me are overalls! not just overalls, corduroy overalls! they're not my fave, but I wore them with a turtleneck.. Terrible just terrible! and I though I looked so good! But in my defense I was only 12 or 13... Awkward stage for sure!

10. Which do you prefer, velvet or corduroy? Explain why.
I prefer velvet. Rayon velvet to be exact! it moves so lovely on your body. 
I don't mind corduroy either, i like it too! It styles nicely!


11. Name 3 items on your Christmas list?
Madewell transport bag
White Converse High-tops
Anastasia eyebrow waxing from Nordstrom


12. What makes your home extra cozy for winter?
Cozy blankets
Candles
Hallmark movies
(I would say flannel sheets, but I currently don't own any.)


13. What are your top 3 things you've been eyeing this season. (Housewares, fashion, beauty, etc.)
Beanie hats
Tarte matte lipsurgeance
Merona Men's Stag sweatshirt (adorable!)


14. Name 3 things you are gifting others with?
Coffee
A stag
Socks


15. Do you like surprises or do you like to know what you're receiving?
Um, I'm a little bit of both! I like to know, but then I like surprises too! I'm an over thinker, so I usually can guess what I'm receiving before they actually give it to me just by what they've said...


16. What is/are your favorite store(s)? And why?
Madewell (i adore their shoes & accessories!)
Nordstrom (I just have a wonderful time in that store, from the coffee to the cosmetics to the purses to the clothes!
Anthropologie (can we say cute housewares? And of course, they have cute clothes too!)
Oldnavy (I buy most of my jeans from here, and I really like they're clothes. they're well made.)
J.crew (They have amazing outfit ideas and gifty items.)
Free people (Because I really like boho type clothing)


17. Describe the perfect outfit?
Wool floppy hat
Baggy t-shirt
Cashmere Cardigan
Black Skinny Jeans
Black Chelsea Boots
And Maude C. Jewels
LV Speedy Carryall


18. What is your favorite perfume/scent?
Keihl's Original Musk Perfume
Philosophy's Pure Grace Perfume
I wear these the most! I really like them!
and for scent i like almond and woodsy scents.


19. Do you prefer to light candles or use battery operated candles? Which scented candles do you like at the moment?
Um, when I remember to light them, Candles. I really like the scent Volluspa Baltic Amber. But I also like to light my Lampe Berger and it kills bacteria in the air while it sets off a great seasonal scent!


20. Do prefer heels or flats? Any brands you like?
Um, I like flats. Right now I really like my ankle boots, but I enjoy wearing my madewell sidewalk skimmers when it's a bit warmer in temps. i don't like when my feet are cold. oh and I really like my uggs. yes they're not very cute, but they keep my toes warm & toasty, just the way i like it!


21. Do you have any blogs you like to read?
Yes i do!
I read: Hello-homebody.com
AbeautifulMess.com
Gustoandgrace.com
Psimadethis.com
Momentsofstyle.com
Cupcakesandcashmere.com
Vivianna does make-up
Lilypebbles
Sprinkle of glitter
withCaitlin.Blogspot.com
Young house love


22. What are your favorite Christmas tunes? Any albums that are on repeat this year?
Not really, I usually have Pandora set to Christmas songs. But I do like Faith Hill, Brad Paisley & Lady Antebellum Christmas albums...


23. Do you shop on etsy? If so, can you recommend 3 shops you like?
I do! I try and support other artists just like me.
My 3 are+ one more:
Greythread
Foxandthefawn
RaynaJaye 
& TealAnnie


24. Do you like Pinterest? If so, what do you pin more of: Home, style or cooking?
I like pinterest so much! and I pin clothes mostly, but I don't have difficulty pinning home or cooking either!


25. What is your signature color for nails/lips this season?
For Nails: I'm liking oxblood, taupe & dark grey
For lips: Nude Or Red! MAC Reds: Lady bug, Lady Danger & Russian Red


26. What is your favorite scripture?
Matthew 5:14 (MSG) "Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bring out the God colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept We're going public with this, as public a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, You don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket. do you? I'm putting you on a hilltop, on a light stand--Shine! Keep open house; Be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in Heaven.
This scripture was dropped in my heart about three months ago and i haven't let it go yet! I even designed a piece of jewelry around it too!

27. What is your ultimate Christmas carol?
Silent Night & Joy to the World


28. Do you prefer to give or to receive more?
I love to give! I give throughout the year. but it's more magical during December. I love to see the faces of people receiving. I mean i don't mind receiving, but I just love to give!


29. What has been the best Christmas gift you've ever received so far?
Hmm, it wasn't really a "Christmas gift" per Se, but my dog Graycie. We did get her around Christmas and I just love her!


30. Any charities you're giving to this year?
I always give to salvation when out shopping....


Merry Christmas Y'all! -Ryn

No comments: