December 17, 2013

Advent No.17: Jingles with Jenny

 

Where do I start? My name is Jenny…well, my real name is Janice  (pronounced Jen-neece) Olivia, but I have always gone by Jenny.  I have been involved in ministry my whole life. I remember the first time I told someone about Jesus, I was about 4 years old…and now, at 26 years old,  I have seen His faithfulness too much to stop.
Of course, I have been raised in the Copeland family, where we are constantly preaching to each other. As important as that is, I have experienced something greater than just being in a family that preaches. I am in a family that lives what they preach. What an example I have in my grandparents, Kenneth and Gloria Copeland.  I am so grateful for their example and legacy of faith. The Love of God has truly been the theme of their lives and I have seen that life of Faith and integrity lived out. What an honor.
And it is an honor that you came across this page, whether by accident or on purpose.
1. What does Christmas mean to you?
Christmas to me means so much. It's important to remember always that the reason to Celebrate is Jesus Christ and His coming.  It's a time of Fellowship, a time to give and receive and of course...eat candy canes.


2. What is your favorite thing about Christmas?
I'd have to say my favorite thing about it is gathering with my family!

3. What is your day to day "uniform" for winter?
LAYERS! Lots and lots of layers. And of course a scarf and boots....always. 

4. What are your top 3 beauty/makeup essentials?
Mascara, Blush and Concealer.  Sometimes I go a little overboard on the blush..Blush just makes me happy.


5. What is your favorite Holiday food dish?
My family gathers on Christmas morning and we have Creme Brulee French Toast and a Breakfast Casserole. I wait the whole year for this...and it is awesome. 


6. What is your most favorite Christmas tradition?
HALLMARK MOVIES...Of course.



7. What are your Top 5 Christmas movies you like to watch?
1. It's a Wonderful Life. (FAVORITE EVER)
2. A Christmas Story
3. Christmas in Conetticut 
4. White Christmas 
5. Elf 


8. What gets you in the mood for the holidays?
Singing Christmas Carols! and Hallmark Movies. 

9. Describe your worst fashion faux pas? 
Hmm...Sometimes I get too into the comfy look. Please let me know if I looked like I just rolled out of bed. 


10. Which do you prefer, velvet or corduroy? Explain why.
Corduroy hands down. Velvet brings me back to my childhood in my itchy dresses. 

11. Name 3 items on your Christmas list?
1.Toms Boots 
2. GPS Watch for running
3. Clothes 


12. What makes your home extra cozy for winter?
My new fireplace with a cup of hot chocolate and marshmallows


13. What are your top 3 things you've been eyeing this season. (Housewares, fashion, beauty, etc.)
I just tried this mascara from chanel called Le Volume...Guys...You must try it! My favorite. 
2. I've been on the search for cute ankle boots. I think I've decided on the Toms ones. 
3. A good puffy vest.


14. Name 3 things you are gifting others with?
1. Homemade Knitted Infinity Scarf 
2. Starbucks
3. Probably something I bake. 


15. Do you like surprises or do you like to know what you're receiving? 
I'm the kind of person who likes to spy things out and find them out first (some say nosey, I say interested). But then when I find out I secretly wish I could wait to find things out and be surprised. It takes a very very sneaky person to really surprise me. I'm kind of a spy.


16. What is/are your favorite store(s)? And why?
Anthropologie, Loft, hidden little treasures. 


17. Describe the perfect outfit?
Comfy but cute all in one. I like wearing black, with a pop of color. 


18. What is your favorite perfume/scent?
Burberry Classic


19. Do you prefer to light candles or use battery operated candles? Which scented candles do you like at the moment?
Light candles hands down. My favorite ever is Saigon Persimmon from Voluspa 


20. Do prefer heels or flats? Any brands you like?
I like both, but wear more flats recently. I went through a long season of heels...maybe it did me in :) 
Steve madden always has good ones. Of course Jessica Simpson. And they are all decently priced 


21. Do you have any blogs you like to read?
LAURYNS! 


22. What are your favorite Christmas tunes? Any albums that are on repeat this year?
Sufjan Stevens Christmas Albums are always a favorite. Mariah Carey- classic. LOVE Bing Crosby, Michael Buble 


23. Do you shop on etsy? If so, can you recommend 3 shops you like?   
Yes! But I just shop until I find something specific. Maude C of course :)


24. Do you like Pinterest? If so, what do you pin more of: Home, style or cooking?
Yes! I do a lot of all three. A lot of recipes, and clothes.


25. What is your signature color for nails/lips this season?
I'll probably do red for Christmas, I'm really digging the Plums. But to be honest, I'm more of a lip gloss girl. 

26. What is your favorite scripture?
Romans 5:5: The Love of God has been shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit.


27. What is your ultimate Christmas carol?
O Come let us adore Him!


28. Do you prefer to give or to receive more?
Receiving is great but Giving is by far the best. 


29. What has been the best Christmas gift you've ever received so far? 
hmm....My brother Max saw me instagram a picture of a big map that said "JOY TO THE WORLD" written on it. He went out and made one for me. I probably cried when I received it. I've got an awesome brother. (And he's single, ladies.) 


30. Any charities you're giving to this year?
I always like giving to the Salvation Army when I go into stores :) I love Operation Christmas Child. 

XOXO- Jenny

No comments: