December 12, 2013

Advent No.12: Meshali's Merries


Meshali is a fabulous photographer, looks like she walked out of a Madewell catalog, a dear friend, has a big heart and is a southerner. You can check out more:http://meshalimitchellphoto.com/bio.html#2


1.What does Christmas mean to you?

Christmas is like no other holiday to me.  Celebrating the birth of my savior, Jesus Christ means numerous things. His birth and His coming to the Earth is what has saved me and gives me Hope today in 2013.  For me, Christmas is a celebration of Grace invading Earth.  The focus of family and friends is my favorite aspect of the Holiday.  Getting together with family is one of my most treasured parts of life.

3. What is your day to day "uniform" for winter?  

I’ve been known to be a “comfort dresser”.   Because I’m a photographer, most work days include being outdoors shooting or inside editing.   I’d say my average daily wardrobe in the winter is a comfy pair of go to Levi’s and a sweater.  This year, my comfy suede ankle boots from GAP or my LL bean duck boots are what you can find me in most.  

4. What are your top 3 beauty/makeup essentials?

Its so hard to narrow down to three!!!  Hmmm….lets see.  If I HAD to say 3 of my favorite beauty essentials, I’d have to say my Clarisonic for washing my face, NARS blush, and Enzo Hair Wand.


5. What is your favorite Holiday food dish?

I am a chip and dip FANATIC.  Its sad really.  An addicion possibly?   I am a chips and salsa/queso lover.  I know many people would have fancy “Christmassy dish” to write, but for me….this is what my family is sure to have at every family party for me.  Another holiday favorite of mine are the peanut butter balls my Mom makes.  

6. What is your most favorite Christmas tradition?  

We have a tradition of going to a candlelit Christmas service on Christmas Eve together and singing Christmas songs.  During this time, the pastor prays for the family as a whole at the altar as we take communion together.  He blesses our upcoming year.  Its always a precious time with family.  This year, weve thought about throwing Christmas Caroling or giving gifts to charity into the tradition mix.  We will see!

7. What are your Top 5 Christmas movies you like to watch?

Polar Express, Home Alone (1 and 2), Santa Clause, Elf, also love old Christmas movies. ..old classics!

8. What gets you in the mood for the holidays? CHRISTMAS MUSIC!  One of my favorite things…truly.  I may or may not listen to it year round.   Cold weather and winter wardrobes!   Bundling up with coffee and hot cocoa and watching Christmas music!  I’d also say that hanging lights and decorating with loved ones is a sure way to bring the Christmas Spirit!  

11. Name 3 items on your Christmas list?

New Gianni Bini heels Im drooling over currently, New Levi Jeans,  Perfume.

12. What makes your home extra cozy for winter?

Candles!  Lots of smell good stuff!  I love firewood and pine scents.  Fire places always set a great holiday mood, too!  Christmas music and old quilts!

13. What are your top 3 things you've been eyeing this season. (Housewares, fashion, beauty, etc.)

All of West Elm’s Christmas seasonal decorating has been my favorite.  

15. Do you like surprises or do you like to know what you're receiving? 

Definitely definitely love surprises!  Makes it fun!  Our family gives “wish lists”…this helps with the surprise aspect a little while still getting what you want.

16. What is/are your favorite store(s)? And why?  

I love a good mix of different styles, so there are several stores that I would say I go to most.   Top are J Crew, Madewell, Anthroplogie, and Ralph Lauren.

18. What is your favorite perfume/scent?  

My Favorite perfumes of all time are Gucci II and Givenchy Ange Demone.

19. Do you prefer to light candles or use battery operated candles? Which scented candles do you like at the moment?

Nothing can replace a lit candle to me!  My favorite scent is made by Henri Bendel “FIREWOOD” Scent.





20. Do prefer heels or flats? Any brands you like?  Ohhhh, this is a little humourous right now because my sister and I have a running joke about it.  I am usually a flats person, but am working on branching out a bit.  I recently got a pair of oxblood Steve Madden heels that I absolutely love.  


22. What are your favorite Christmas tunes? Any albums that are on repeat this year?  

Best Christmas album…and my go to every year is the Mariah Carey Christmas Album. Also love Josh Groban, Frank Sinatra, The Winans…I love a good music mix, too!

25. What is your signature color for nails/lips this season?  

I usually go with neutral colors.  Nude, light pink, light blues.  I have a light brown on my nails right now…kind of a sandstone color that I really like.

26. What is your favorite scripture?
Around Christmas time, I love to dwell and meditate on this verse.  Luke 2 (The greatest news planet Earth has ever received)

Luke 2: 9-11 “And behold, an angel of the Lord stood by them, and the glory of the Lord flashed and shone all about them, and they were terribly frightened.
But the angel said to them, Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy which will come to all the people.  For to you is born this day in the town of David a Savior, Who is Christ (the Messiah) the Lord!
30. Any charities you're giving to this year?

Our church gives to Angel Tree every year.  Members draw a childs name and gift needy children with Christmas gifts!  So rewarding and beautiful!  

-Meshali 

1 comment:

Ryn B. said...

Thanks! And thankyou for reading! Yeah girl! Of Course! I'll let you know!