December 9, 2013

Advent No.9: Aubrey's Added Coziness

Merry Christmas, Cable Knit Style




This season we are in, I like to call a Texas winter—fall one day, summer, spring, then round it out with a beautiful, winter ice storm. There aren’t a whole lot of places on the map that have the privilege of experiencing all 4 seasons in one week quite like we do. As fun as it is to dawn a glamorous fur on Tuesday and a cute mini with your favorite Tee on Thursday, everybody needs a solid staple piece that can be worn the Tuesday way or the Thursday way. For me, my go to this “season” is cable knit. It has stolen my heart, captured my attention, had me at hello…I know; I tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve (cheesy pun most definitely intended).  So far, I’m ashamed of my little collection, but I will not despise small beginnings(insert inspirational music)My favorite thus far is myoversized turtleneck. It’s cozy, comfy and classic.  I’ve worn it with wide legged jeans for a seventies vibe, a silk mini for an Olivia Palermo feel and military, green skinny’sfor an easy, weekend or in-the-office look. Of course, you most definitely can’t have too many cardigans. So, for the “Thursday, it’s 75 in December” look, I throw on a classic white tee and my comfy cable knit cardy. Slap on some mascara and red lips and you’re set to go.

It’s so incredibly easy to look through pinterest, magazines, your friend’s closet and wish you could spend your next paycheck and reward yourself with the perfect wardrobe. But, until that day comes, stick to the staple pieces, get creative and look for all the different ways to wear them. I picked up a Ralph Lauren sweater from TJ Maxx for $24.99 and bought my cardigan at Forever21 for $27. Fashion is affordable; you just have to know where to look. I’m all for purchasing quality, but contrary to popular belief, you can’t break the bank just for cable knit. If all else fails, and you can’t find the fashion piece you want, go to pottery barn for a chunky throw, one for you, one for a friend, wrap it around you, sip your hot chocolate as it wishes Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.
Merry Christmas, cable knit style! -Aubrey

No comments: