December 2, 2013

Advent No.2: Baking with Shae

Let me begin by introducing myself, I’m Shae, blogger and creator at Hello Homebody (hello-homebody.com). I married my husband, Drew, last year and I am so excited about spending our second married Christmas together!


Christmas really is the best time of the year, in my opinion! I love the shopping, decorating, and driving around looking for Christmas lights. But my favorite part? All of the cooking, baking, and projects! I love a good recipe or DIY at any time of the year, but Christmas time is just full of them.


Today I have a simple Hot Chocolate Mix recipe that you can make at home. Read on to see how you can turn this mix into pretty stocking stuffer or party favor!



Malted Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe
Needed:
3 cups powdered sugar
2 1/2 cups powdered milk
1/2 cup malted milk powder
1 cup dark cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cornstarch


In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients until well combined. Store in an airtight container.
For serving: use 3 to 4 tablespoons of the hot chocolate mix for 8 ounces of hot water or milk.


I like to use disposable frosting piping bags to create a pretty layered mix, perfect for gift giving! Take a bag and fill the tip with mini chocolate chips, add several large spoonfuls of hot chocolate mix, and top with mini marshmallows. Secure the top of the bag with a twist tie.


Use twine or ribbon to create a bow over the twist tie. Add a small tag with serving instructions, or use a marker to write the instructions right onto the bag.
 

-Shae



1 comment:

Fragile Bird said...

Yum yum, this looks so good

Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

Helen

x