December 16, 2013

Advent No.16: Anneka's Treats

Hey there Styled by Ryn readers! I’m Anneke (pronounced On-ika) fromThe Fresh Lime, an Essential Oil blog where I share my passion for reinventing healthcare and living a healthy lifestyle!

I met Lauryn last year at a trade show in Texas where I was selling doTERRA essential oils. I was immediately drawn to her bubbly personality and keen eye for fashion. We spent an hour talking about the greatest places to shop and the newest trends. Every day a little part of me prays that my husband will get a job in Texas so that Lauryn can be my personal stylist! Needless to say, I have loved reading Styled by Ryn ever since I met Lauryn and I obviously jumped at the opportunity to be a guest blogger!

One thing I love about the holiday season is the opportunity to try out new recipes and share them with others! When I was younger my siblings and I would each pick a different holiday dessert recipe and we would have a bake off! Once we had completed all of the goodies, we would separate them onto plates and deliver them to our friends and neighbors. This is a holiday tradition that I plan to keep throughout the rest of my life!

At The Fresh Lime, I seek out new and exciting ways to use essential oils in everyday life! This year a friend of mine shared an amazing wild orange honey butter recipe and I could not think of a better way to spread some holiday joy than by delivering a fresh baked loaf of bread with a jar of honey butter to those I love.

Bread has always been intimidating to me, so believe me when I say I was extremely surprised at how easy and delicious it was!  Enjoy!

Wild Orange Honey Butter

Ingredients
1 c. butter
1 ½ c. honey
2-3 drops of dōTERRA Wild Orange Essential Oil

Instructions
Beat ingredients together with a hand mixer for at least 10 minutes. It will be a bit runny at first but it should thicken up and get nice and fluffy as ingredients are mixed together.

French Bread

Ingredients
¼ c. warm water (105-115 degrees)
1 pkg. dry active yeast
1 tsp. sugar
3 ½ - 4 c. flour
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 c. plus 2 tbsp. warm water
1 egg white and 1 tbsp. water (combined)

Instructions
Combine water, yeast and 1 tsp. sugar into a bowl.
Allow mixture to stand for 5 minutes (until yeast is bubbly).
Add in 1 tbsp. sugar, 1tsp. salt, and water. Mix well!
Add flour 1 cup at a time and then knead for 5 minutes or until dough is smooth.
Allow dough to rise until double (about 15-20 minutes).
On a lightly floured surface, roll out with a rolling pin. Dough may be divided into two pieces for two smaller loaves.
Roll dough up jelly roll style and turn ends under, placing the seam down on a greased cookie sheet. Cut 3 diagonal slits (about ¼ inch deep) into each loaf.
Mix together egg white and 1 tbsp. water and gently brush mixture onto the loaves.
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Boil a pan of water and then put the water into a shallow dish.
Turn the oven off and place the pan of water on a lower rack and the bread on the shelf above the pan of water.
Allow the loaves to rise until double (about 20 minutes).
Remove the pan of water and turn the oven to 425 degrees.
Bake bread for 10 minutes at 425.
Reduce oven to 375 and back for 8 minutes or until bread is golden brown.

ENJOY!
 

1 comment:

Akiko said...

Sounds so tasty! xo akiko
Style Imported