December 18, 2013

Advent No.18: Caitlin's Christmas Celebration

Hello all,
 
For me, the start of winter is such a cozy, exciting time, it begs for celebration and special family time!  
In the words of Abed from the show Community, "The meaning of Christmas is that Christmas has meaning." Christmas means family. It means traditions and giving. It means rejoicing that our Savior came to earth (whether He came in December or July or whenever He was actually born). Christmas means something different to everyone. 
I love Christmas. I love the smell of a real Christmas tree and the dim, twinkly light let off in the living room by a lit tree in the evening. I love hot apple cider and cooking with family. I love that people's jobs give them extra money during this time in the form of a Christmas bonus. People remember what it is to think about what other people like and want. 
I love the 'holiday brain' in the workplace. Where people are easily distracted by a flurry of new snow out of a window and take time to leave little gifts on co-workers desks. I think its wonderful when baking projects get started and those who would never sit down and paint a picture decorate gingerbread men or cut paper snowflakes.
And I consider that, whatever day you want to celebrate it, remembering the birth of our SAVIOR is an admirable, recommended  and wonderful thing to do.
 
-Caitlin
Follow me on instagram: @Thecaitlinhelena
www.withcaitlin.blogspot.com
 

3 comments:

Marcela Gmd said...

Nice post!! would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin?
Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

Ryn B. said...

Thanks, girl! I started following you on bloglovin!!! I'll try and follow you on GFC! Merry Christmas, Ryn

Dominique Paolini said...

"One of my favorite things about Christmas is that feeling in the air. For a moment it feels like everyone is in unison." So good!